New Blog template help

I own ourcityradio.com and I have 114 cities lined up.

I have made the cities with the new blog template system and really dig it.

On all of these cities I have people that have written articles and posts that are out in the world.

I need to update the over look of the tremplate and widget layout in my template that I am using for all of those cites. Is there anything I can do to make it also change all of the blogs I have made with it.

And if not, if I delete the blogs is there a way I can just save the articles/posts that have been written?

Maxx Fairo
ourcityradio.com

• Kimberly

Maxx,

Hello and Welcome to WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

The New Blog Template does NOT have any link to the sub-sites other than during site creation. After that, they're completely independent.

That being said, if you want a bit of information to be the same across all a particular set of sub-sites and you want to be able to change the information across all sites easily, I'd recommend just hard-coding it into your theme.

For example if 'About Us' was part of a specific page template (or any of it's contents). Then it would be a simple matter of changing it once in the theme and all sub-sites with that theme activated will get the change. This will also prevent sub-sites from changing the information on their own.

And if not, if I delete the blogs is there a way I can just save the articles/posts that have been written?

Wordpress allows you to export all of your posts and import them as well. Just check out your Dashboard under Tools>Export

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.