New Blog Template not copying pages/posts

Hello, if I could have Rupok Chowdhury look at my multisite issue that would be great. I am trying to set up a dummy client site (under fake name Glenda Green) that will have the look of a template derived from a site: Any site from Example Site 1- Example Site 3. Their template names correspond in number: Look 1- Look 3.

Even with the New Blog Template Plugin set to copy several pages, posts, menus, etc it always seems to make a site that has the look and media, but no pages, posts, menu etc.

Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

• Dimitris

Hey there Jason,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've just tested a basic New Blog Template implementation and all pages and menus got transferred successfully in my test installation.

Could you please perform a basic troubleshooting including a conflict test?
    The concept here is to deactivate all other plugins apart from New Blog Templates, use default themes like TwentySeventeen, clear all caches and give this another try.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

As you're using a live Paypal membership in order to register, I wasn't able to check for any other errors during site creation process. If the conflict test above wasn't capable to narrow this down, access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and create a new subsite using a New Blog Template (you may want to revert your Paypal gateway to a sandbox account to test this freely).
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Please download it and attach it here in your next reply.
    Ref: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Jason

Hello Dimitris,
    According to your instructions, I have put these lines in my wp-config.php file:
    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

I tried to make a new site after putting those lines in. I have an image attached of how it came up. Please note that clicks on the navigation bar do nothing. I can get to other pages via the sidebar. None of the pages have copied the inside page content from my template.

I have attached the /wp-content/debug.log file.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know what else I can do.
    Thanks!

• Jason

Hello Predrag,
    I have switched my main site to the twentyseventeen theme. Since I am trying to test the New Blog Template plugin (and it won't allow me to create a template off of the main site) I created a very simple site to use as a template that also uses the twentyseventeen theme. When I tested the New Blog Template plugin with that template (named "vanilla") it did the same thing as before, except it did not take the changes I had made in the customization area (the header background/header color).

I have granted support access again, could you let me know what you find out?

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jason,

Your Vanilla template doesn't have WordPress settings checked to be copied and these settings you made to the theme are part of those settings.

I created new template site on your network, called wpmutemplate site, in there I created two pages, two posts, changed header image and added a menu as well.
    I've enabled all the options to be copied to new site and after creating new subsite (wpmudevnew) all the settings and content were properly transferred.

Can you double check your template settings and make sure that the data you want to transfer is enabled in them.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.