New blog template not copying widgets

One of my new Blog Templates uses a lot of Wordpress widgets. When I set up a new site and select the new blog template the widgets and pages are not copied.
Please help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi hoangker,

Hope you're doing well.

I was checking your site settings and I noticed that your template doesn't have pages and posts selected to be copied at all, so that's why you're not seeing them on new subsites:

You can go to New Blog Templates panel, edit your existing template and in there you can enabled pages or posts to be included.

As for the widgets issue, I created a new site based on that template and all the widgets are there, you can see wpmutest subsite has all the same widgets as the template site, or am I missing some specific widget that didn't get transferred over?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• hoangker

hi Predrag Dubajic ,

I think the post was not clear. When I signup for a new site using prosites at http://mysalonpage.com/sign-up/ the test site does not copy over widgets from the blog template. Activating the new site both by credit card or by Manual Payments does not copy over the widgets. I think this is a bug. If you create a new site via the admin it does copy the widgets.

thanks,
    Tin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Tin,

NBT uses same functionality on frontend and backend to create new sites, and when I test this on my installation it works fine in both cases, so it seems there's something on your site that interrupts the process when fired up from the frontend.

You can check this on my test site here:
    dubajicp.com/pro-site
    I've created a template on subsite that has mapped domain, using the same template selector as in your NBT settings and if you register new site on my test site you can see that 3 widgets are added on the new site.
    This uses Stripe Sandbox so you can use 4242424242424242 as card number and any name and CVC to complete "payment".

As I mentioned above this seems like something is blocking the process on your site, so could you please perform a conflict test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme, on both Main and Template sites and see if it works properly after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.