new blog template not working when user creates site

Im using new blog template and everything works fine if I create the site, but when a user comes to the site and sets up an account and site it does not inherit the blog default. Is there something I am doing wrong. Help please i would really like certain pages and plugin information to carry over to their new site and for registration to be self sufficient

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya cmorris,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

Sorry you're having some trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about your setup? What versions of WordPress? BuddyPress? and the New Blog Template?

Also, do you have one of your Template's set to "default"? That's required for it to be used on sign up.

Finally, if the setting above is correct, let's check your server error logs and see if anything's coming up there. I have the plugin working on a few installs so there's something in your setup that is causing this issue. It could even be a conflicting plugin.

A bit more info though, and I think we can get it sorted for ya.

Thanks!

• cmorris@golfweek.com
    • New Recruit

Thanks,

Im using 3.0.1 version of wordpress and I have it set up as a network. So each user signs up and gets a blog at http://www.mysite.com/their-site-name. I have selected a default template but every time a new user registers it fails to use that template.

I have the following plug-ins working and installed on my current blog.

Facebook Comments for WordPress

fbLikeButton

FeedList

Multisite Switcher

New Blog Templates

TweetMeme Retweet Button

Viper's Video Quicktags

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Can you check your server error logs?

Also, if the default template isn't being copied to the new site, what are new users seeing when they log in?

None of those plugins are ones that would interfere with this process so I think we can rule those out for now.

Thanks!

*Edit* May also be worth having a read through the detailed instructions here just to be sure we haven't missed anything:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/installation/

• cmorris@golfweek.com
    • New Recruit

Also, a user can still not register for a blog and start with the default template. Looking for any other suggestions to get this working.

The user starts with the theme twenty ten, i deleted this theme and now the new created site shows a blank page once verified. I am assuming that somewhere wordpress tells the new blog that is the new default theme I just dont know where that is.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Copy and paste the specific error please. Paraphrasing an error is not a good idea. Most support forums request such.

Last I knew though, we were being told that the new blog template only worked when the site admin create the blog. There was a fair amount of confusion about that and I don;t recall what the actual answer was.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.