New Blog Template Please help with settings

I have the New Blog Templates plugin working. It will copy everything from the blog I have marked as default and that is way i want it to do. However the problem I am having is When I sign-up for a new site (blog) It does not copy over the default blog Site name (Name of the website). It just leaves that area of the site blank. What do I need to do to make it copy over the site name. Also is there a way that I can customize the page links?

• jseigle85

I also have another question in addition to the question above. Is there a way that I can update all blog settings, themes, widgets, plugins and so on. Sometimes I will need to make changes to the default blog. As of now when I make changes do the default blog if other sites are setup it copy the default blog but blogs that are already create does not update to the new settings. IS there a way I can make all blog update when I make changes to the default blog?

• Mason

Hiya jseigle85,

When I sign-up for a new site (blog) It does not copy over the default blog Site name (Name of the website).

When you create a new blog WordPress has you create a new site name. You have to put information there to move forward - just use the same information as the template blog if you want it to be the same (since you have to enter something in regardless). Most folks won't want to copy over the site name so we haven't really seen a need for that.

Also is there a way that I can customize the page links?

Customize which page links? At what point in the process are you wanting to customize the page links? You can change anything on the new blog after it's created just like you normally would.

IS there a way I can make all blog update when I make changes to the default blog?

There's no connection between new blogs and the template so there's no way to "push" changes from the template to the sub-blogs. My recommendation for something like that would be to hardcode it into the theme. Then if you need to change it - just do it in the source and all sites will using that theme will get the changes.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.