New Blog Template plug-in doesn't retrofit?

Hi,

I'm using MarketPress for a multisite. (It's GREAT BTW) but I've encountered a problem with template changes retrofitting sites already set up.

I'm using "New Blog Template Plug In" that I downloaded from WPMU

If I make changes to a template they show up when I create a new site, but those changes aren't getting applied to sites I already built assigning that template.

For example: I needed to add a global Category. I added it to Product Categories on the Template Site. When I make a new site, the Categories list includes the new one. But when I edited a product on an already-built site, that new category doesn't show up on the list of options on the Product post - or on the Product Categories list within that particular site.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Patrick

Hi @Ennis

That is correct. Any changes made to template blogs will only affect new sites using that template.

But updating template blogs is a much-requested feature.

So, you'll be happy to learn that we are almost finished with a new project that will enable you to update multiple sites with fresh or updated content. This will also integrate with New Blog Templates to enable you to update template blogs.

Keep an eye on the forums frontpage for some noise about this. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.