New Blog Template shows a WooCommerce database error

When I try to create a new subsite in a Multisite, it gives an error:
"Insertion Error: Table 'amina.wp_46_wc_download_log' doesn't exist - The template was not applied. (New Blog Templates - With CREATE TABLE query for Additional Tables)".

Subsite is created, but tables are not added after this table: _wc_download_log

• Surbma
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have tried the cloning with the modified file. The clone process is finished without any problem, but the WooCommerce plugin was not active on the new site. Even all the WooCommerce settings and products are missing on the new site. So it seems the modified version is not cloning WooCommerce.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Surbma,

Thanks for granting access, however, when I checked your template site I see that Woocommerce is not active there and even when I activated it, it wasn't configured and there were no products, so from what I see there's nothing for NBT to transfer to new site.
    Can you tell me if I'm missing something here?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Surbma,

It's possible that the different site had access granted and there wasn't WooCommerce active there for template site, but I do see it now.

I tried creating new site but I have a question about your multisite setup, once I created a new subsite I was unable to access it as it required subdomain to be added additionally to Kinsta.
    Can you explain to me a bit more how the process of creating new subsite works on your site and what additional steps are required to get it working after creation?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Surbma,

Thanks, I tested by re-creating that site again and can see the issue but I also noticed another thing during the test.
    When I check your template site I'm unable to access it directly and I need to re-enter my username and password, so I'm wondering if this is affecting NBT from pulling the data as well.
    Can you try reverting your template site to its original subdomain or try activating Woocommerce on demo.hyamatrix.com and creating a couple of products, set that site as tempalate site and do another test so we can see if the issue is related to mapped domain?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Surbma
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

When I check your template site I'm unable to access it directly and I need to re-enter my username and password

This is because it is a different domain. That's how authentication works.

So I have added a new subsite: wc.hyamatrix.com. This subsite has nothing activated, only WooCommerce. I recreated the nbttest1 subsite from this new template. The process was running without any problem and WooCommerce with the test product was also cloned perfectly. So everything is working as expected.

I deleted the nbttest1 subsite and try to create it from the original template. The process was running without any problem, but the new subsite has nothing copied from the template, it was a simple, empty new subsite. No pages, no plugins, no settings were copied.

So there should be a conflict somewhere, but I can not find out where is the problem.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Surbma,

So the process works fine if you use a new site as a template?

I'm wondering if this could be caused by the mapped domain, it shouldn't be a problem and I tested mapping a domain on my test site where NBT still worked fine with Woocommerce, but could you run another test on your site so we can check if this could be the case on your site.

You can do this by setting your wc.hyamatrix.com as tempalte site but now map your domain to that subsite and then try creating new site from that template so we can see if it's indeed something related to mapped domain.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.