New Blog Template shows Error after site creation

Hi,

I used NBT. Sub site uses Divi theme. this is the site showed in NBT options at sign up page.

Everything went well. But after the site is created, it throws the following error in the page where login details are shown(I use Remove Email Verification Plugin)

ERROR :

Notice: get_themes is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_themes() instead. in /home1/aathi/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378

Notice: wp_specialchars is deprecated since version 2.8! Use esc_html() instead. in /home1/aathi/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378

Notice: wp_specialchars is deprecated since version 2.8! Use esc_html() instead. in /home1/aathi/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378

How to solve this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello again @CatMan!

Let me ask you what version of NBT are you using? Judging upon this error message I suppose that you may have an outdated version installed. Please check it and in case it's lower than 2.7.5 update.

If it doesn't help or it's not the issue you may also want to check everything else (Divi theme, all the plugins and of course WordPress itself).

Let me know if it helped.

Cheers,
    Adam

• CatMan

Hi,

Since there was no reply for 2 days, I googled a bit. It seems like either NBT plugin or the Divi theme uses "get_theme" function which is old. It should be changed to wp_get_themes().

Here in my problem, I get this error when using New Blog templates plugin. Can you just verify if this plugin uses the below deprecated functions?

1. get_theme >>>>>>>>> [NEW] wp_get_themes()

2. wp_specialchars >>>>>>>>>>>[New] Use esc_html()

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @CatMan,

I hope you're doing well!

I've scanned all the NTB files and it looks like there are now deprecated "get_theme" and "wp_specialchars" functions at all. This seems not to be an issue then. This leads me to conclusion that it would be good to check the Divi theme against these functions as well. I'm not able to perform such scan as it's a commercial theme that I don't own but apart taking a look inside theme's files you may use a simple tool for this like "Notepad++" (or similar editor) that includes "Search in files" feature.

Could you please check the theme and let me know the results?

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.