New Blog Templates and Pro Sites Problems

Please find all the problems with New Blog Templates plugin configuration and implementation below:

1. Plugin doesn't remember what theme user has been selected on the sign-up.
- Test #1: I chose to have an entire page to display the collection of my templates, "As a showcase inside a page...". When user selects the template and then directed to sign-up/register BuddyPress page, everything went well except after their logging-in to their freshly created account, it didn't remember the chosen template user have just selected before their signing-up.
- Test #2: "As radio-box selection with descriptions " was set, the same problem still persists. After logging-in, site theme was set to the WP default, TwentyFifteen, even though the theme was deleted long time ago.

2. Do I need to make a default theme at all because I don't want to?

Please advice.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Sac!

On your template sites, the ones you're using as the basis of your Blog Templates, have you made any changes since you set them up? Changing a template after it's been made a template means that all new sites created with it will reflect those changes.

Would you be willing to let me log in and take a look at your settings to make sure you've got everything configured correctly? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Sac

On your template sites, the ones you're using as the basis of your Blog Templates, have you made any changes since you set them up?

Sorry Michelle, I didn't quite get what you said.
    "On your template sites" >> Does it mean the template collections/preview page?
    "the ones you're using as the basis of your Blog Templates" >> Did you mean the main site?
    "have you made any change since you set them up?" >> Set what up: New Blog Templates plugin or else?

The site is under development on my local machine, XAMPP. Would it be possible to grant access?

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Sac!

I don't think we can do support access on a localhost install, but let me see if I can clear this up a bit.

When you activate New Blog Templates, you'll have a new tab on your network admin dashboard. The top link under that tab is "Templates." The sites you use to create your templates will be template sites - which means if you make any changes to the template site, any new sites created with that template will have the new changes added. That's why we recommend that you set up specific sites to be your template sites, so they're not used for any other reason.

Your primary site should not be the template site, because your primary site is going to be constantly changing.

Have you made any changes to the site(s) you're using as templates since you used them to set up New Blog Templates? Here's the usage guide, just in case you'd like to review it: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#product-usage

Thanks, Sac!

• Sac

Hi Michelle,

Those steps above have been set up and done long ago. I_think I set everything up the right way because I had been playing with all set of plugins with the test sites quite some times and follow each plugin's instruction carefully before implementing them on my real project. And yes there were some minor changes on the template sites because some images were added. I don't think I could find your answer anywhere up there regarding the persisting problem during the sign-up process as the plugin cannot remember what template has been chosen earlier. User sign-up, select their site subdomain name, template, and title during the sign-up, activate their account via email, and finally log-in to their account, which the TwentyFifteen WP default theme appearing to be their current theme regardless of the desired template they chose before signing-in. My setting are as follows in case it might help you figure out what I have done wrong with the configuration.

NETWORK ADMIN DASHBOARD
    Blog Template >> Settings
    Please find details attached below:

MAIN SITE DASHBOARD
    Which part would you like me to screencap, please let me know?

SUB-SITES DASHBOARD
    These are all set to opt-out from Pro Sites, not sure whether it will help at all.

TEMPLATE SITES DASHBOARD
    I did not touch or messing with the template subsites except the images adding part. Is there any particular screencap you'd like to see?

Thanks, Michelle.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.