New BLog Templates Capabilities

Hello on this plugin, it says copy "settings, theme, and "active plugins".

I assume this is just the plugin, not all the settings associated with the plugin. Many plugins, have 3 or 4 custom setttings I type in. Would like not have to type that again as plugin is copied over. Thanks

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

• Patrick

Hiya @sean_hyne

Welcome to the forums!

The New Blogs Template plugin uses whatever sub-site you choose in your multisite install as a template for new sub-sites. Once you have set up a blog as a template, leave it be: it should not be used as a live blog.

If you want to adjust settings for new blogs, adjust them in the template blog, and they will be reflected on all new ones after that. Note that adjusting settings in your template blog will not change anything in existing blogs.

So, it's simply up to you to set up a template blog the way you want all new blogs in your network to be.

Important: do not use your main site as a template; you'll muck up your whole installation :slight_frown:

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• sean_hyne

Great info and thank you for the welcome message!

Note taken, do not make my main install the template for all. One of the guys I talked to in the chat on THur night was going to see if the plugins' individual settings would be moved over. I will test.

Can we choose more then 1 Mock Blog Template from some dropdown? If so, Would you recommend making a template for Each THEME? Seems so, as different themes offer different layouts and default widgets.'

• Patrick

Hi again @sean_hyne

... if the plugins' individual settings would be moved over.

It will ensure all active plugins are activated on new blogs. But, depending on the complexity of the plugin (and how well it's coded), its settings may not fully replicate. The best thing to do is to follow your own plan and test, test, test :slight_smile:

Can we choose more then 1 Mock Blog Template from some dropdown?

You sure can, and so can your users when they create a new blog. See here for more (also check under the "Usage" tab for how-to):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.