New Blog Templates capabilities

Using New Blog Templates and Default Theme together, I new subsites are created with preconfigured options. That's awesome.

Can NBT be used to truly 'turn any blog into a theme' ? I want to customize different themes (with Beaver Builder) to create child themes or forked themes, without directly editing the code. Is that possible with NBT?

Thanks.

• Milan

Hello @Tom,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Can NBT be used to truly 'turn any blog into a theme' ?

No, I don't think so. NBT used to let admin configure what should be end result once they get their blog. Theme's template terminology and NBT's template terminology is quite different. You can ready more about NBT and what is possible with it on its usage page dear @Tom.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#product-usage

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Tom

Hi Milan,

Thanks for your response. Some questions:

- the 'replace screenshot function' is not working. Screenshot remains that of the original theme.

- the only option that shows on the test page is 'as a showcase inside a page'
    (test page is chosen in G. Forms - Settings - User Registration.)

- I'm using G. Forms addons and Admin Menu Editor plugin to control access by user role. I have three levels...each has a registration page with separate G.Form & User Reg. feed. (Instead of using Prosites.) Could this system be configured with New Blog Templates to deliver a different template to each level?

• Milan

Hello @Tom,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Let me go bit by bit to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

the 'replace screenshot function' is not working. Screenshot remains that of the original theme

It seems like you are pressing button which says "Reset Screenshot" to upload new screenshot. if you are doing this then dear member this button will reset any screenshot to default one. :slight_smile: To upload new screenshot for template you need to upload screenshot by pressing button saying "Browse", it will open windows to let you select screenshot file, select file which you would like to set as your template screenshot, after doing this just don't press button saying "Reset Screenshot" instead of just save changes. It will save your uploaded file to screenshot for your template. :slight_smile:

Could this system be configured with New Blog Templates to deliver a different template to each level?

I am sorry but this is not possible out of box, I suggest you post ne job for your requirements on our job portal here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/new-job/

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.