[NEW BLOG TEMPLATES / CLONER] wc_download_log

I have a problem with New Blog Templates plugin. When I want to clone a subsite, I have this error message:
Insertion Error: Table joqucidu.wp_5_wc_download_log doesn't exist - The template was not applied. (New Blog Templates - With CREATE TABLE query for Additional Tables)
The subsite is created, but the template is not applied.

During chat we try this solution but looks like it does not work anymore:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-blog-templates-new-blog-templates-error-after-woocommerce#post-1323648

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Surbma

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The issue is related to so called "foreign keys" that are used in that particular table. There are problems with copying them and that's affecting some plugins that are operating on some tables. This is especially related to the "broken" tables in WooCommerce that are using "foreign keys": these keys shouldn't be duplicate and WooCommerce had a glitch that was actually sometimes causing them to be duplicated - which casues mySQL to throw errors upon operations such as copying or moving such table.

As far as I'm aware, this has been fixed already some time ago in Woo code but it actually prevents the issue from happening since the fix was included and makes Woo work fine but doesn't "repair the table" itself if it was affected by one of the earlier WooCommerce versions.

It seems then there's a need to address this anyway - even though Woo fixed their glitch - as such "broken" tables with foreign keys are still existing. That being said, I have reported it to our developers as a bug already so they could look into it.

As a workaround, you could actually exclude that table in New Blog Templates/Cloner as on new setups (before any sale of downloadable product was made) it's empty anyway. If there will be no downloadable product sold, it wouldn't be used either and in any case Woo should regenerate it or it can be created manually. Of course that'd be just a workaround and the issue is already reported as a bug.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Surbma

Thank you for your response!

If the table is excluded, the error shouldn't be coming up as the table shouldn't even be processed. I'd like to take a look at this so would you mind enabling support access to the site for me?

To enable it, please go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access" page and click on "Grant support access" button there then let me know here once it's done.

Let me also know, please, which New Blogs Template is affected and/or which site are you trying to clone.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.