New Blog Templates doesn't copy images to new site

New Blog Template is integrated with Pro Site. After site creation, the images are not showing up at the front end and at the backend.

There is a JS errors in the developer console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

And direct image address shows an XML file:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>D64462EFEADF9D25</RequestId>
<HostId>
gt6+Q0Y0rHTio/D4ghT7+VvStFUdWsl7M3J+rvbm7t3d9yhygKoYckMKPIJZVp72joyTepTtAuk=
</HostId>
</Error>

The folder permissions are set at 775, and we would like not to change this.

All the images are uploaded to Amazon S3.

FTP credentials and site’s username and password are provided

• adam
    • Flash Drive

Hello

I figured out the issue, the plugin is not able to copy the images as it is trying to copy the images from the uploads>sites>site_id folder which is correct, but as we are serving images from s3 so the images are not present in that folder and the plugin is unable to copy the images.

Is there any way we can sync pro-site plugin with my bucket so that it can pull the images directly from s3 and copy it into new folder we create?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there adam,

hope you’re doing good today! :slight_smile:

I was trying to replicate this with no avail unfortunately! :unamused:

Could you please point to me how you’ve enabled the S3 support in your website?

Please advise!

I’ve followed this blog post as base for my test

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/moving-wordpress-media-to-amazon-s3/

(haven’t set the Cloudfront integration, only the S3)

but after selecting in the New Blog Template settings to copy “Files”, I uploaded images in this subsite, which were truly pointed to S3 servers. Still these images were being copied in new registered subsites and are being displayed successfully (for tests I’ve used TwentySeventeen theme and I was changing homepage fullscreen image).

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• adam
    • Flash Drive

Hello Dimitris

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please confirm that did you upload the images manually into a new subsite folder created and it get synced with s3 or you did nothing and on creating a website the main site folder for which we are creating a subsite copied to new folder automatically?

Please clarify. Looking for your response.

Thanks & Regards

Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there adam,

hope you’re doing good today! :slight_smile:

Can you please confirm that did you upload the images manually into a new subsite folder created and it get synced with s3 or you did nothing and on creating a website the main site folder for which we are creating a subsite copied to new folder automatically?

I first changed the main homepage image used in TwentySeventeen theme.

This resulted the new image to be uploaded in Media Library of my subsite. The image was being served via S3 successfully.

I then used this subsite to create a New Blog Template and eventually a new subsite using this template. I can see that images have been copied as should have in newly created subsite.

I synced it with s3 by custom coding.

I’ve used the plugins shown in this article

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/moving-wordpress-media-to-amazon-s3/

Amazon Web Services and WP Offload S3 Lite (haven’t implemented the Cloudfront integration though).

You could create a new test multisite installation in the same server you’re using for the website in question and try to implement such a setup using these plugins and see, if these issue you’re dealing with, are continuing.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.