New Blog Templates loses settings

Every now and then, the New Blog Templates plugin loses its settings. I’m not sure why it does, I only tend to notice it when a new site is created on the network and discover that my cleverly planned template was not applied.

Does it retain its settings through a deactivation/reactivation sequence? (aka plugin troubleshooting dance) I also recently updated it for the latest WP, would it lose its settings through an upgrade?

It’s happened before too, but I never paid much attention to it, thinking it was something I did, but this is now the third or fourth time and I’ve had to reconfigure the settings and assign default templates. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

That’s no good. We’ve had another user report the same thing, though we’ve had no luck in sorting it out on their end either.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/disappearing-default-template#post-157723

In the above link I post what to copy to ensure that you are able to restore the settings from the database, but the root cause is still a mystery and appears only in very limited cases at this point.

Maybe you can chime in on that thread and we can pool the information to find the culrpit. Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven’t heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email or you followed the support in the other thread mentioned. I’m going to presume your all fixed up now and don’t need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.