New Blog Templates - Membership plugin not working as a premium plugin

Hi, I have setup my wordpress multisite website where users, can create their own membership websites.

I am using the wpmu membership plugin. I have setup pro-sites and have membership as a premium plugins.

I have setup the New Blog Templates plugin, and have created a template website.

When I create a new website using the template. The membership plugin is enabled, but the membership menu does not show up.

If i do NOT use the blog template and just create the site, the membership plugin works fine.

1. Can you please suggest what may be the problem?

2. Is it possible to make the blog template selection compulsory?

Thanks, Best Regards,
Santosh

• PC

Hey there Santosh,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I'd not recommend including Membership plugin as the part of template and keep it separate from the template site.

As you are using Pro Sites, which would allow access to Membership as a premium plugin to allow your subsite owners to create their own membership site.

Now if you activate membership plugin on a template site, it would be activated by you as a super admin and hence only you will be able to view the membership admin in the dashboard as you will have Membership management rights.

Now when NBT copies that template site to a new blog, the subsite admin will not see the Membership plugin in the menu as he has actually not activated it but its activated by you as a super admin.

So its advisable to keep it inactive and just use Pro Sites to allow the Pro Level to access and activate the Membership plugin via Plugins >> All plugins on their subsites.

I will also get a confirmation on this from my colleague @Jack Kitterhing who should be online soon so that we can have 2 pair of eyes on this particular issue.

Cheers, PC

• Donna

I am using a very similar set up but with one major difference. All my Pro Sites will be private and their membership controls are only there to manage their content for employee groups.

I really need to build the membership levels and controls for pages and all sorts of content based on the levels they use.

As an example to clarify what I am trying to do:
    My client will use Pro Sites to choose a site type for their business. The sites provide training content built in along with access to some Intranet type features as add on options.

I want to use nbt to build the base site for their selection. At that point they would add their users (employees) and assign their membership levels based on their job functions.

When the user logs in to the site they have access to the appropriate training, quizzes and features for their job.

Is there any way to do this so the membership settings and content don't have to be built each time?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.