[New Blog Templates] No tooltips on New Blog Templates

I’m using new blog templates and using a template preview page for my users to select their template. All of the blog descriptions are showing up as tooltips. Is it possible to change that so the description shows up under the screenshot instead (like how it works for the screenshot preview option)?? The tooltip just looks bad design-wise and looks bad for customers on mobile.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Curran,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm not sure that I completely understand this issue (sorry!), can you tell me which option for "Type of selection" you have selected under New Blog Templates > Settings panel in your network admin?

Also, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this to better understand the issue?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Curran

I am doing this on my test site first actually. https://staging.wia.uib.mybluehost.me/templates/

I clicked the setting "As a showcase inside a page 'Templates'" and it only shows tooltips for new blog descriptions. I want it to show the new blog description written below the screenshot like how it shows if I click "As theme screenshot selection with titles and description".

I want users to be able to select their theme before moving on to the actual sign up process.

i just granted support access on this testing site

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Curran

I think we can achieve this using a little "trick" with templates. Try this please:

1. copy the file "blog_templates-registration-page-showcase.php" from

/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/template

folder into your current theme folder

2. Edit the file and replace this code

<?php
    	foreach ( $templates as $tkey => $template ) {
    		nbt_render_theme_selection_item( 'page-showcase', $tkey, $template, $settings );
    	}
    	?>

with this:

<?php
    	foreach ( $templates as $tkey => $template ) {
    		?>
    		<div class="nbt-showcase-template-wrapper">
    			<?php
    			nbt_render_theme_selection_item( 'page-showcase', $tkey, $template, $settings );
    			?>
    			<div class="nbt-showcase-template-description">
    				<?php echo nl2br($template['description']); ?>
    			</div>
    		</div>
    		<?php
    	}
    	?>

3. Save the file

4. Add some additional CSS code to the site (e.g. via Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS or via theme's custom css option if there's such option):

.nbt-showcase-template-wrapper {
    	display:block;
    	overflow:hidden;
    	float:left;
    	width:48%;
    }
    .nbt-showcase-template-wrapper .theme-page-showcase-wrap {width:95%!important;}
    .nbt-showcase-template-description {
    	width:100%;
    	clear:both;
    }

.nbt-desc-pointer {display:none!important;}

5. Clear all caches and check if that worked.

If I understood you correctly, that should do the trick. It's possible that some additional CSS styling might be possible but first please give it a try to see if that's "about right" :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.