New Blog Templates questions

I have a question about how "New Blog Templates" works.

I realize the blog used as a template needs to just be a template and not a live site because whatever I change on it will be carried over to sites created after the changes.

The main thing I'm wondering about is: If I make a change to the template blog, does it affect sites that were created before the change, or only blogs that are created after the change.

I just want to make sure I'm not changing everyone's sites that were created in the past (and possibly customized) each time I change something on the template site.

Thanks,
Todd

• aecnu

Greetings Todd,

Thank you for these great questions!

I realize the blog used as a template needs to just be a template and not a live site

Technically the template would be a live site because it should be accessible by calling up its URL. It should be a subdomain something like template.mydomain.com, that is why calling it up in the browser it should come up and therefore a live site in a technical aspect but not one you would want to be sending traffic to.

The main thing I'm wondering about is: If I make a change to the template blog, does it affect sites that were created before the change, or only blogs that are created after the change.

The change would affect only sites created after the change but those before the change would remain the same.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.