New Blog Templates Selector shows on WRONG gravity form

This was working correctly before the most recent new blog templates update.

I have several gravity forms.

Turning on the "template selector" on form ID 21 shows the template selector on form ID 10... but not on form Id 21. Turning it off on 21, removed it from form ID 10.

WTF.

Like I said, this was working correctly before the update. I have enabled support access to the site.

To test:
1 go to forms, and click on "site creation" (aka form 21)
2 click into registration feed and ensure that "template selector" is displayed.
3 Preview the form (you won't see template selector)
4 Go to form "mailchimp signup list" (aka form 10)
5 go to user registration (there is no feed)
6 preview form (you'll see template selector) - it shouldn't be there.
7 go back to form "site creation (form 21), and turn off template selector
8 preview "mailchimp signup list" (form 10) - template selector will be gone.

  • James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

    Hello Dan Berdal

    I hope you are well today.

    First, I see you have W3 Total Cache installed. Have you tried clearing your caches during your testing?

    Also, I was unable to figure out which site you have the forms setup on. I checked your main site and all subsites that did not generate a 500 Internal Server Error. Would you please clarify which site you have these forms setup on?

    Also, since you are having 500 Internal Server Errors on your subsites, this indicates that you likely have a plugin conflict that is causing problems on your site. Could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

    If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

    To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

    define('WP_DEBUG', false);

    To this:

    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

    After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then paste the contents of that file at http://pastebin.com/ and share the URL of the pasted output with us so we can examine it further.

    I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

    Best regards,

    James Morris

  • Dan Berdal
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Hi James,

    Yes, sorry I had disabled gravity forms for testing another plugin.
    The forms, and pages containing the forms are visible on the root site. You can either preview the forms, or go to pages and sort them to view recent. You'll see two new pages.

    I've now disabled all plugins besides Gfroms, gforms registration, and new blog templates. I've reset to 2016 theme.

    Here is paste bin: http://pastebin.com/bTrgT1xE

  • Luís
    • Support

    Hi Dan Berdal ,

    Hope you're doing well today!

    I tried access to your website using Support Access, but unfortunately, I was unable. Can you please send the Super Admin credentials privately through our contact form?

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

    Send in:

    Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress super admin username
    - WordPress super admin password
    - Login url
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/information

    Cheers, Luís

  • Luís
    • Support

    Hi Dan Berdal ,

    Hope you're doing well today!

    After read your last email, I was able to replicate the issue, seems the "template selector" will be displaying in the form ID which matches with the feed ID (created in the registration add-on).

    I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

    Cheers, Luís

  • Dan Berdal
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Hi Luís, We're coming up on 6 weeks since you were able to confirm that this was a bug.

    Given the fact that this bug was introduced in a recent update it seems that it should be relatively straightforward to fix the errant code.

    Can you please give me a no BS answer as to why documented bugs take so long to fix with wpmudev plugins? Is there some sort of scheduled update cycle? Do you guys have an internal issue tracker where you can actually check and see if a fix is planned? All I ever see is tech support people saying that they'll check in with the developer.

  • Luís
    • Support

    Hi Dan Berdal ,

    Hope you're doing well today!

    I would like to apologize, our developers already fixed this on the "development" version of the plugin. The fix should be included in the next release.

    Meantime, I can share an hotfix with you, if you are interested:

    1) Download the .zip file attached and unzip it;

    2) Using FTP access, upload all the files inside of "blogtemplates" folder to "/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates" to override the original ones.

    I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

    Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.