New Blog Templates: Theme Network Enabled?

Maybe a dumb question but in order for new blog templates to work when new users sign up on the network, do the themes associated with the blog templates have to be network enabled?

I am trying to not allow admins to switch between themes after signing up with a template. If they wanted to switch themes they would be forced to create a new site using the other template. Does this work? Thanks

Mike

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Maybe a dumb question but in order for new blog templates to work when new users sign up on the network, do the themes associated with the blog templates have to be network enabled?

No its a good question. The theme does not have to be network enabled but it should be enabled on the blog using which you are going to create the template.

I am trying to not allow admins to switch between themes after signing up with a template. If they wanted to switch themes they would be forced to create a new site using the other template. Does this work?

If you do not want them to switch themes, make sure they are not able to access that menu in the first place : http://wordpress.org/plugins/menus/ should help there.

Its not possible to force them to create a new site while switching themes I am afraid.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers, PC

• Mike Price

Hey PC

Thanks for your speedy reply and I love the answer! haha..Yes I am already using Admin Menu Editor Pro version which allows me to have the Themes menu item only accessible by super admin.

However, this caused issues when I wanted to allow the admins to "Customize' their theme because once you close out of customize it was redirecting to themes.php and rejecting them.

So, a workaround is to use New Blog Templates and NOT have themes network enabled so that only one theme would be available on their site and to have a new theme they would have to create new site using a template that has a theme they want to use. Hopefully what I am saying is clear enough but yeah this works wonderfully

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.