New Blog Templates with ProSites plugins

Hi,

If i create a New Blog Template with a plugin that is on a Pro level, how will this affect ProSites level that that do not support that plugin ?

example :
lets say i create a template designed for ecommerce with MarketPress,
if MarketPress is a Pro plugin on a higher paid level, how can this be if the user starts off with a free site if ProSites is set up without trial.
I am thinking the only way for this to work would be to have all plans start off using "trial" at the highest level or select pay to blog.

but if i do not want trial or pay to blog, how can i use new blog templates with any plugin as it will fall into that users level that may be lower than what they initially start off with.

sorry if i have confused the situation and i hope i have explained properly what i am thinking.
obviously i am missing something.

any kind assistance and clarification in this would be greatly appreciated.
kind regards.

• Vaughan

Hi amused,

Hope you're well?

If you create a template & activate plugins in that template, then the selected template will override the pro-site premium plugins/themes levels.

So sites created with that template will have those plugins available regardless of whether they were premium plugins or not.

We are hoping to be able to add in functionality to prosites soon which will allow you to select a pro-site level for each template, or should I say add premium templates and so on, but I can't give any ETA at this time.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.