New Coursepress Pro Install Shuts Down WP Admin

Today I installed CoursePress Pro on a site of my network. After running through the settings and installing the theme, checking my own theme and activating marketpress amongst other things, it stopped allowing me back into the backend. The front end was fine, but any attempt to edit anything displayed a blank page.

I deleted the site (its new) and reinstalled, but the same thing happens again.

I read it may have something to do with MarketPress, but on the last of 3 attempts I purposely didnt activate MarketPress and it still happened.

Any ideas appreciated. thanks

Paul

• member1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

ok. I’ve just reinstalled CoursePress Pro, via FTP as per other suggestions and I’m back in. The problem hadn’t deleted my plugin though so that seems different to other support tickets.

Anyway, I look forward to the update on this.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Hope you’re well! :slight_smile:

Sounds like that white page was some kind of fatal error. You mentioned you reinstalled it via FTP and now you’re back in.

Does this mean it’s all working now?

I’d guess the first upload there was something corrupted in the files somehow, the new upload fixed it.

If you’re still getting some white pages can you please check your servers error logs and let me know what errors you see.

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me know what you find.

If it’s all fixed up, happy days, good to hear :slight_smile:

Take care.

• member1

Thanks Tim.

Yes, it all seems ok at this point. Thanks for the advice on how to do the debugging. Hope I don’t need it.

The first install was via WPMU Dashboard, so I’m hoping it wasn’t something missing there :wink:

I haven’t activated Market Press on it yet, so we’ll see how things go.

Paul

• member1

This problem is still occurring.

i.e. whenever we try to create a regular page inside our CoursePress site on the network, the admin area totally blanks out. Until we upload the plugin again.

The front end stays live, its just the backend.

Any ideas? thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.