New domain mapping update causes redirect loop.

I just tried updating the domain mapping plugin and ran into a problem with wordpress auto canonicalization trying to redirect the www. subdomain into the base domain.

I have Apache set up so most of my domain redirect the base domain into the www. subdomain and this worked fine under the older 3.0.4 version. However when I updated to 3.17 all my domain sudden were caught in a redirect loop when Apache tried to send viewers to the www. domain wordpress would send them back to the base.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

(side note: I use the www. for seo reasons as these site came to us under that subdomain)

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @Page1solutions,

Did you also update your sunrise.php file? Using the auto-update method wouldn't have done this for you as that file is in wp-content directly.

Can you provide us with actual links so we can take a look with you? Once we know everything's upgraded correctly we can narrow down what might be happening. It seems your domain is working correctly, so are only sub-domains not working?

Let us know. Thanks!

• Page1Solutions
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I had to restore the older version of the plugin to get the sites back up so I can't give you a live example without trashing some 200 of our clients domains. But yes I did replace the sunrise.php file with the new one. Is there any other information I can provide?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Page1solutions,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.