New Domains are not being mapped

On my network I have one domain that is being mapped to its' proper domain. It was first mapped months ago. Now I want to map another domain for another subsite. After entering it into the custom field under tools>domain mapping, saving it, and clicking on the link to the mapped domain, I'm taken to the wp-signup page of the main site of the network. ( /wp-signup.php?new=mymappeddomain.com )

I don't know why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if it helps, I'm using version 3.2.4.3 of the domain mapping plugin.

[This is a seperate issue: Automated update through the WPMU dashboard fails ("Could not remove the old plugin."). Everytime I update it manually through FTP by deleting the old folder, and replacing it with the new, along with the new sunrise file, my server hangs. The Apache process starts to consume 80-90% of the CPU. Error log reports bad queries.]

• Timothy Bowers

I think it might be easier if I take a closer look.

Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (DNS for the domains)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers.

• jbsv1

So I've done some further digging into this.

Here's the short version of my notes and observations:

#: I reverted the htaccess file for my site to an earlier, fresh out-of-the-box version known to have worked in the past. Mapping domains still didn't work.
    #: I created a fresh Multisite wordpress (3.8) installation on the same VPN with the latest version of the domain mapping plugin.
    #: On the new site, domain mapping still didn't work. (They continued to route back to mydomain.com/wp-signup page)
    #: Domains I attempted to map on the new Multisite Network routed to my current site for some weird.
    #: There were multiple active Apache config files within the sites-enabled folder. Config files supporting other instances of wordpress. Most were unused or simply obsolete.
    #: I disabled all config files except for my main site and mapped domains still did not work.
    #: I disabled all config files except for the fresh WP installation. Mapped domains worked.
    #: I enabled the config for my main site alongside the new one. Mapped domains broke on the fresh WP install and once again routed back to takechargesites.

Right now, I can map domains on the new multisite network only if my main site is disabled.

Hopefully something I've noted will help you help me. =)

Once again, Thanks.

Also, I don't know if the answer to this will help fix the issue on my main site, but do you know if there would be any conflict between two multisite networks on the same VPN?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Also, I don't know if the answer to this will help fix the issue on my main site, but do you know if there would be any conflict between two multisite networks on the same VPN?

Providing they have their own unique IP with the correct DocumentRoot, or your parking the domain then no, they should work fine because they are being routed to the right installation.

What I would have done with cPanel (PHPMyAdmin) first is taken a look in the database at the records created, ensure all files were up to date, sunrise, plugin, etc.

You said it works on the first one so I'd be looking to see what's different.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.