New Grid Market Stores Not Working

Hi have set up marketpress, however a premium membership can not open up a new store / blog… (It should be able too)

http://aboriginalarts.org/register

Help please.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

The Membership form doesn’t create a blog field, that’s still handled by WordPress.

So if it’s BuddyPress then:

/site-tracking/create/

The slug in the first part will depend on what you have for site tracking.

Or in WordPress:

/wp-signup.php

I believe forms like FormidablePro and Gravity have the ability to create blogs, you could inquire with them.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

GridMarket is a theme, the theme is capable of bringing in network wide products.

So your members setup their site/shop in your WordPress Multisite. When they create products that can show on any site using GridMarket should you wish.

Admin –> Appearances –> Theme Options

In there you can switch the settings from local products to network products.

Thanks.

• Jeremy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi yes via…

Default Template

You can set one of your templates to be the default template. The default template gets automatically applied to any new blog creation, whether it’s through Aboriginal Arts.Org, BuddyPress, or another plugin, as long as they use the internal Aboriginal Arts.Org blog creation function. That means if you choose to use a default template, any new blog created will automatically use that template – including blogs that users set up themselves!

If you’ve set a blog as a default blog (if you did, one of the blogs above will say (Default) under the Actions column) and you no longer want to use a default template, simply click the button below to remove the default option. You can always make another template default later by clicking one of the [Make Default] links above. Note: Clicking this button will not delete any templates, it simply turns off the default feature until you choose another default template.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Membership doesn't give an option to create a site whilst signing up.

So I went on your site and tried the default:

http://aboriginalarts.org/wp-signup.php

Once signed up and get a message "You are logged in already. No need to register again!" so I presume you have some plugin blocking that because normally you would be able to then create a site from there.

Is this is the issue, no where to create a site?

Are you allowing people to create sites within your network? because here:

/wp-admin/my-sites.php

I can't. Screenshot attached.

Take care.

• Jeremy

Hi

Thanks for your time. Yes I think this is the issue.

How can i resolve this? I want to use a membership system here where only store holders can open sites and not general public. I have anti splog and membership enabled as well….

If I send you some login details are you able to have a look? Or, what do you suggest?

Thanks

Jeremy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeremy,

Thank you for the additional input.

The first thing I would do would be to use htaccess to redirect anyone trying to use the default signup to be forced to the Membership registration.

Next I would suggest using URL groups to manage the creation of stores/sites assigning the site creation URL to just the applicable levels. One must be careful doing this to not block the stores themselves from the general public unless that is indeed the desired outcome.

Cheers, Joe

• Jeremy

Hi

Is the default membership sign uo at http://aboriginalarts.org/register ???

How do I do the… :The first thing I would do would be to use htaccess to redirect anyone trying to use the default signup to be forced to the Membership registration”.??

Will this work with the oneall social login?

I have created negative rules in membership to do this … i think

Next I would suggest using URL groups to manage the creation of stores/sites assigning the site creation URL to just the applicable levels. One must be careful doing this to not block the stores themselves from the general public unless that is indeed the desired outcome.

Can you have a look at them?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Is the default membership sign uo at http://aboriginalarts.org/register ???

If you use the create button in membership then it will be /register/ if that exists then it will make another one /register-2/ and keep incrementing if you keep creating.

How do I do the… :The first thing I would do would be to use htaccess to redirect anyone trying to use the default signup to be forced to the Membership registration”.??

That’s something custom, you could do it in htaccess or with some code in your themes function.php file.

function redirect_wp_login_register(){
    wp_redirect( home_url( '/register-2/' ) );
    exit();
    }
    add_action( 'login_form_register', 'redirect_wp_login_register' );

Can you have a look at them?

Any screenshots?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.