New Host, New Installation, Holder Theme, Social Link strange

Howdy! I moved my site to HostGator and pointed my domain over there. When I first installed it the permalinks were working fine. Then I started installing security plugins, your SEO add-on, and before I really realized it, the permalinks weren't working anymore. That's not what I'm writing about, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's related to why I decided to write:

My site is: http://www.WeThePeach.com

So, I entered my Twitter page link into the social field for Twitter and I'm getting a 404 error message when I click on it. I though "okay, now what?" because I was having some weird iFrame issue with my last host. So I hovered over the icon and saw this as the hyperlink:

174.132.193.34/~jenljl/twitter.com/wethepeach

So where did 174.132.193.34/~jenljl/ come from?? I know I probably did it at some point, but heck, I can't remember.

Thank you for your amazing help! I've really learned a lot so far from you guys! :slight_smile:

• jenniferljl
    • Flash Drive

Here's the list of plugins I have installed:

All in one SEO Pack (site activated)
    Google XML Sitemaps with Multisite support (network activated)
    Secure WordPress (network activated)
    WP File Monitor (site activated)
    WP Ultimate Security (network activated)
    WP Security Scan (site activated)

Must Use:
    Simple Sitemaps for WPMU
    Update Notifications (by Andrew Billits)

Under "Active" only these are listed:
    Akismet
    All in One SEO Pack
    WordPress File Monitor
    WP Security Scan

• jenniferljl
    • Flash Drive

I think it was related to my domain. I had forwarded it instead of setting the nameservers to my host. So all the site references were really messed up. So I pointed my domain via the nameservers and then deleted everything in my www folder (and database) and started over from scratch. Much less buggy this time around! Haven't installed any of the security plugins or site mapping stuff. I'll do them one at a time this time around.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.