New Member Just Saying "Hi"

I couldn't really find a particular section for introductions, and i'm not even sure its the thing to do here, but I thought i'd say "Hi" and post my very first post here in the forum.

Though I'm new to WPMU Dev (sorta), I'm a longtime WordPress user - having used this wonderful program since mid-late 2004. Like a lot of people, I started off using it as a blogging platform but saw the potential to use it to make websites/CMS since early 2005. I've never looked back from there.

I first dabbled with Multi-User back when it was introduced. Set up a network and checked out how it worked and what could be done with it. Because of the constraints back then with plugins & themes not always working with MU sites I soon lost interest in in it, and concentrated on my other sites instead. I went back a year or so later and found (surprise surprise) all these spammy new blog sites. Deleted the network and forgot about MU until May/June of this year.

Wow! It's come a long way since then! Sure, there are still the occasional plugin hiccups but most of them play nice. I've moved most of my existing sites to Multi-Site installs, which has saved me a ton of time in maintaining and updating them. I'd popped in to WPMU Dev several times over the years (I think I first came here in the first week or so of it's existence), but never actually joined up until now. I'm glad I'm finally here now as a fully paid up new member, and I look forward to using all the great plugins and themes that you guys have on offer.

While not a programmer as such, I am a "modifier", so I might be able to help out in the forums from time to time. Chances are I'll probably be asking more questions than I end up answering though! Who knows. Anyhow, glad to be here.

• Mark Wallace

Welcome Home!

I look forward to you helping me with all of my website needs! :slight_smile: lol

J/K, glad to see you here , and hope that we are a mutual help to one another. So just encase you haven't looked around let me give you a little tour.

Then Menu bar up top will bounce you around quickly.

wpmudev: click there and you will get your public and privet profile information!

Community: Search here for answers to question, and if you have time look for someone to help!

Ask a Question: Well you obviously understand how that works. The only thing i can ad is this
    1. A staff member must reply to every thread, even if it is a member seeking the help of another member.

2. Usually another member will respond before a staff member does.

3. On the weekends and Holidays response time are a slower, but have improved drastically.

4. Our community and staff are scattered through the world, like Joe "aecnu" is in E. Europe, and i am in the USA. (aecnu is also my host provider)! :slight_smile:

So if a member or staff is helping you on a thread, keep in mind they maybe sleeping, eating, spending time with their families while it is work time in your country.

5. each type of thread has a different function, plugin, theme, beginner, advanced all have a resolve option after the topic is solved. The general and feature request do not.

6. if you want a feature added to a plugin; just start a feature request, and get some +1's from other members to get the request in the hands of a developer.

We try to keep threads relevant to the original post, but often time "we all" tend get sidetrack. BUT most of all just be polite and helpful, and you will get the same in return.

Live support: These are topic specific. So a chat for plugin and code, is not a place to talk about themes and design and themes and design is not the place to talk about plugins. Makes perfect since as each has a staff member hosting it that is best skilled for that topic. "Commercial airline wouldn't want their janitor flying planes; nor would we" :slight_smile:

All billing question should be done using the contact form below! see snip shot "contact"

Manuals: There a text with images, and video tutorial and some can be embedded on your website after setting up API. These are more WP and WPMU tutorial then they are about our plugin and themes.

Plugins: be sure to read the Details and Usage tabs as well as the Compatibility notice. see snip sot Compatibility

Also note that some of our plugin and themes have special requirements for upload and install; so be sure to read that as well.

Themes: Most themes have a pdf file tucked away in their folder that is the guide to that theme, but not sure if all out themes have them yet!

Videos: This is where you can watch the videos previously mentioned without embedding them to your site.

There is a lot more you will learn about, but this was just a basic tour! :slight_smile:
    Be sure to ask about our life time member club!

Look forward to interacting with you in the forums!
    Be Blessed!

• aecnu

Greetings Fretless,

Thank you for your inquiry but Support Kangaroo was meant to humor my Boss when he made suggestions that we have these blurbs - I am an American (not to be confused with the UPSA) who left the land of the enslaved and imprisoned Grand Illusion for the land of the free in Eastern Europe ... lol ... I have indeed found Freedom, Liberty, and I do not know about justice for all - I have never even talked to police here! Not once in almost ten years!

Thank you for asking though, it is extremely kind of you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.