New membership 2

In the old membership plugin we could assign a user-role to each membership level. It doesn't appear that we can do that now.

Please help me find this if I'm wrong

Thank you

• SD2k

Great thank you!

Next question...

RE: define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true );

I run a system that is a Multi-Network, Network of Multi-Sites (Yea... it's awesome!) :slight_smile:

If I activate the plugin through the wp-config file it will force the Multisite functions on every network in our system...

So... this is for your Dev's to scratch their heads with...

Can it be somehow tweaked so that it can be activated in the functions.php file? or... ???
    OR are the database tables limited to the Network 'foundation' overriding all of our "Networks"?

Thank you for your help...

p.s. Also, if activated Multisite, can mapped subsites owners have their own memberships? It looks like it defaults to the Network side of the equation...

Additionally, I'm trying to delete a membership level and it won't go away, is this a known bug? There are no users associated with the level, it was created before importing the original levels

Lastly, the language used to explain "Advanced Capability protection" is confusing...

Allows you to protect individual WordPress Capabilities. When activated then the "User Roles" tab is replaced by a "Member Capabilities" tab where you can protect and assign individual WordPress Capabilities instead of roles.

The way this is worded it leads the reader to believe that the "User Roles" tab is what exists and can be assigned as 'Default' and if you activate "Advanced Capability protection" you will not have "user-roles" anymore, you will have "Member Capabilities" which doesn't sound like 'user-roles' at all to those of us that understand traditional 'Capabilities' within "User Roles"

Please read slow and more than once so you don't miss responding to something,

Thank you!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi SD2ked,

Can it be somehow tweaked so that it can be activated in the functions.php file? or... ???
    OR are the database tables limited to the Network 'foundation' overriding all of our "Networks"?

I'm not actually sure what are you looking to accomplish here, network protection can only be enabled via wp-config.php file, not sure what activation from functions.php would enable you here, could you elaborate this a bit more?

p.s. Also, if activated Multisite, can mapped subsites owners have their own memberships? It looks like it defaults to the Network side of the equation...

If plugin network protection is enabled then no, all membership are set on network panel.
    To use it this way you will need to disable network protection and either network activate plugin or activate it per subsite, depending on setup you're looking for.

Additionally, I'm trying to delete a membership level and it won't go away, is this a known bug? There are no users associated with the level, it was created before importing the original levels

I just tested this on single and multisite installation with network protection enabled and in both cases I was able to remove the membership level so it looks like this is specific to your installation.
    Please start new thread about this issue with support access granted so we can investigate this further as separate issue.

Lastly, the language used to explain "Advanced Capability protection" is confusing...

I'm not exactly sure what is confusing here, if you don't have Advanced Capability protection enabled you will have User Roles tab in protection rules and if you enable it then you will see Member Capabilities instead of User Roles and this will allow you to assign only certain capability per membership instead of entire user role.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.