i’m planning to have a site for a private community.
These are the features i’m aiming for:
– public and private content (private = members only)
– closed registration, the admin should be able to enter an email adress and the receipient should get a customized email with information and login data
– membership is free (no payment processing needed)
– users should have a simple profile with contact information, social links, and there location on a map
– there should be a map that displays all members (preferably google map)
– an automated email course should be setup for new members (something like one mail per day for 7 days or something). Probably no need to have that implemented.
I planned to set this up with buddypress as it should have the login on the site itself, and user profiles already included. How about restricting content to members only? How about google maps. I saw some maps plugins around wpmudev but i’m unsure if they enable me to do this easily.
For the theme i thought trying out the new upfront theme would be a great idea without having to design everything myself.
I’d be greatful for any input.