New member/subscribers creating user based events

How would a new member create a new event without accessing the admin panel. Preferably they can register to become a member then access 2 pages one to create events and then another page to manage their event. Then choose if or when the event can be displayed on a specific page or if the event can be public or private.

The key is to allow the subscriber/member created and manage the events and not an administrator.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tamara,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Events+" plugin includes a "Capabilities" add-on which you may enable on your dashboard's "Events -> Settings -> Add-ons" page. After you activate it, you can grant some additional capabilities to registered users of your site based on WP user role.

For example, you could grant all "Authors" following capabilities:
    - Edit Events (so they'll be able to edit events they created)
    - Publish Events (so the'll be able to create and publish events)
    - Delete Events (so they'll be able to delete their own events)

Using above set of capabilities the will see other events in their dashboards but will not be able to change/edit them. The downside here is that users would have to access events list via their dashboards.

There's however another add-on for Events+ called "Front-end editing". You can use it to enable "[eab_event_editor]" shortcode which you can then place on any page/post. It displays a form that allows you (or allowed users) add events via front-end. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow them to manage events. There's however a way to achieve that too.

You will want to install and setup BuddyPress and enable Events+ "BuddyPress: My Events" add-on. This will add an "Events" tab to user BuddyPress profile where he/she will be able to view all RSVP'd events (Attending/Maybee/Not attending) and "Organized" events. With setup described above they'll be also able to "front-end" edit those events.

As a result, I think all this together should work as you described.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Tamara

Ok I will add another plugin - the Buddypress plugin - that is allot of plugins. I did however accomplished the front end editing without this.

My last question didn't get answered how do to add an additional form like a registration form for additional data. For example if I wanted to setup a multistep form in addition to the current functionality to build a custom registration form in the front end. Only thing I saw was an option for additional fields. It would be easier if I could integrate a contact form 7 or similar to this page on creation. I know I can add it via shortcode but for the ordinary user access it from the front end what options are available. thanks

• Tamara

Still looking for a way to do this using your plugins. Question again I am trying to included as part of the member/subscriber event creation the ability to create or add form to store/retrieve addition data during signup and/or registering new events.

These forms should be editable like you can edit a event. Please let me know how to proceed my timeline is pretty tight. I was expecting to utilize your plugins to get this done without me having to build my own solution. I really believe your products can help but I need some direction on what to add on to use to make this work.

Thanks,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Tamara,

Unfortunately something like this is not possible with Events+ plugin.
    There is "Additional Fields" add-in in E+ but this will only add new fields when RSVPing to an event and it will not be editable from front end by users.

For front end profiles you can try out plugin like this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/

Hope this helps with your setup.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.