- Footer content
- Site-wide text changes
- and more!

This plugin combines (and greatly improves upon) many of our existing
plugins. When you network activate, if you already have some of these plugins
installed (such as login image, admin bar, etc.), it will ask you to
deactivate those first.

The best part is anything you already had configured in the other plugins
should automatically be carried over to this plugin.

The goal here was to simplify the branding process for you by putting
everything in one convenient network admin menu item.

Try it out, but best on a test site first as we iron out any issues that
may come up.

Installation
Upload the ultimate-branding directory to your plugins directory.
Login to you Network admin area and Network activate the plugin.
Click on the Branding menu and follow the on screen instructions.

• cliffhoelz
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

just installed and started to setup. got this notice

Warning: getimagesize(/home/content/92/9398992/html/wp-content/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image/login-form-image.png) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/92/9398992/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/login-image.php on line 84

• Jason
    • The Bug Hunter

wonderful idea. fits the needs of a wpmu company.

@Timothy I'd like to see some custom branding options done for the Welcome panel. :slight_smile: + 1

I would love for a way to also set default widgets in the dashboard. Basically totally clean it and set # of columns. This dashboard area can prove to be very useful to use as we provide more useful default content for our clients that helps them get set up or only feature useful widgets to them (ofcourse they can add / remove plugins and columns later)

Currently the wordpress dashboard is too bz on default for most of our clients.

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

If i use this beta plugin will the official release simply overwrite these files or will i have to do everything again?

Reason im asking is im currently building a new site and want to use this plugin instead of multiple plugins and by the time im ready to launch (about a month ) there should be an official release to fix bugs etc.

Also do you have any ideas on the official plugin release?

• Ashley Keable

Well i have uploaded the plugin and i am very impressed. Finally a better solution to installing the previous long list of plugins. No signs of any problems and all working fine.

@barry do you know when the official release will be launched?????

I have a few suggestions for this plugin to make it more complete. I believe the following existing wpmu plugins should be integrated with this:

Admin Ads
    Admin Message
    Remove Permalinks Menu Item
    Set Blog Description on Blog Creation
    Automessage

Also the following settings would be nice:

Limit amount of blogs users can create
    wp admin block. Set which users can access the wp-admin of main site based on role.

@Timothy i would agree with that feature request hence the suggestion of Automessage integration however automessage is limited by not being able to use html and therefore makes very boring emails.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

This is an awesome idea, as said above saves installing loads of stand alone plugins.

I +1 Tims suggestions, especially the email. Wouldnt it be cool if you could choose an html template or upload your own for the welcome email, merging Automessage with Newsletter perhaps?

Well done though

• MyMiddleEarth

Bug to report:

For sites opting to use the WP Admin Bar on the FRONT and BACK ends of their WP Multisite/Buddypress installations, the version of the Custom Admin bar plugin included in this branding package ONLY applies the changes to the BACK end WP Admin Bar.

The bar remains unchanged on the front end of the site. If I deactivate the Custom Admin Bar 'module' and instead activate the standalone Custom Admin Bar WPMUDev plugin, it then functions properly on BOTH the front and back end.

A fix in the next beta version would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

+1 admin ads, notifications in dashboard
    +1 custom signup/update emails, maybe even takeover the per blog newsletter plugin
    +1 custom/remove welcome dashboard message
    +1 floating support tabs on side of screen for help/feedback
    +1 takeover global footer
    +1 favicon, wp-login picture be network implementated except if blog owner specifies their own logo

Great work!

Cheers,

Johnny

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I Agree with @johnnymestizo

Look forward to testing it out and implementing on all of my sites eventually

+1 admin ads, notifications in dashboard
    +1 custom signup/update emails, maybe even takeover the per blog newsletter plugin
    +1 custom/remove welcome dashboard message
    +1 floating support tabs on side of screen for help/feedback
    +1 takeover global footer
    +1 favicon, wp-login picture be network implementated except if blog owner specifies their own logo

Was there an eta when it will leave beta stage?

• ruud-yakti
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Great plugin. I was not knowingly waiting for this one.

Some suggestions:
    - custom admin CSS, or some other way to make adjustments to the look of the admin panel
    - custom login page CSS, or some other way to make adjustments to the look of the login pag.
    - custom admin page title (that one showing in the title bar of your browser)

Furthermore my support for some other suggestions:
    +1 for custom/remove Welcome panel
    +1 for Admin Ads or Custom Dashboard Widget

Also a warning. Please be careful in adding more functionalities and make sure it stays what it is meant to be: a 'Branding' plugin. Some of the suggestions here, although maybe very important to many people, go beyond the scope of 'branding' in my view. I would hate to see this plugin to become too bloated.

• Jason

I was going to consolidate my current whitelable plugins, and I saw this.

I'll try it out but first I gotta ask, if I am overriding the logon screen via functions.php in my theme, which one will work?

Can I disable sections of this plugin?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Another one:

Custom Admin Bar - Entry title

As an image can be used then integration to use the media library would be cool. :slight_smile:

Whilst I like a lot of the ideas here I do think that Branding should be restricted to branding related things so additions like Admin Ads should be handled within the ad server plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ad-server-version-01-beta

Just my own preference because otherwise the plugin could become a bloated do it all plugin. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

• Lorange

- custom admin CSS, or some other way to make adjustments to the look of the admin panel

Oh yes, this would be really cool and one of the last steps to get a real unbranded WP admin. I'm personnally not asking for an entirely new WP admin, but a few little tricks to quickly change its look and feel (fonts, colors, remove rounded corners...). This would really make this plugin the "ultimate" one!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

+1 on the customizable welcome panel.

Unfortunately there are zero filters or actions on the Welcome Panel to allow us to replace it without using a hacky approach.

The text can be replaced using the network wide text change module, but that may be all we can do at the moment.

Will keep looking for different ways, and if we find something please be assured that it will make it in :slight_smile:

• Steven

+1 Would be really nice if in a later release you included the ability to remove menu items.

And by removing I don't just mean hiding them. I haven't found a bullet proof way to do this in WP yet, and all the plugins seem to just hide them, meaning they are still accessible if you know the url.

Currently I add a new capability, then loop through each of the menus and their sub-menus. If the user doesn't have the capability, they can't access anything within. Not the best way to go about it though and harder to maintai.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Quick update to let you know the status :slight_smile:
    We should have the full 1.0 release out very soon, we're just putting some finishing touches to the project page and documentation.

I managed to add in Custom admin CSS, Custom Login CSS and the ability to turn off the Dashboard Welcome content (haven't got a method to replace it yet, but I'm still working on it).

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the quick reply @barry I'm looking forward to this and replacing several other plugins. I haven't had the chance to play with it too much yet but I may have missed this or this may work with the custom CSS.

I currently use Fluency Admin plugin to customize the menu colors in the admin panel. This helps me remember what site I'm on. Is or will I be able to do this with the new release?

Thanks Again!

• marcusgoll
    • Flash Drive

Hopefully I am not the only one with this problem but when I activate the admin help content module it then turns my whole admin section blank except the navigation on the side. I go to other tabs but everything is just blank where content should be in my admin section. I can't find where this error is coming from and please look into it. Also since I activated that module I can't just delete it and reinstall the plugin because it brings up the same problem.

• Grace n Ease
    • Flash Drive

I would really like to be able to edit the links for the right hand side of the admin bar.
    That has been a nagging thing for me for quite a while.
    It confuses members because it sends them to the WP profile page, and I use a different profile page I would like to keep members away from using WP backend for anything..

Are there any plans to make that option available with this plugin?

Thanks, I really like this plugin.

marcusgoll, I didn't activate the admin help module, I'm glad I didn't now.. I hope it gets sorted ..

• adam007

hi PC,
    yes, i had these in mind. my login logo image is exactly 310x70px, png, 33KB.
    favicon.png 16x16px, 4KB.

but i just got it working.. what it was, png file doesn't work. i've just used .jpg and it's working fine;]
    cheers,
    Adam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wow, its great that you got it working now :slight_smile:

what it was, png file doesn't work. i've just used .jpg and it's working fine;]

This one is strange, in the email I received it had something else :slight_smile:

I am using .png file and it works great for me. Are you using the beta version of have you downloaded the latest one from here

Cheers
    PC

• adam007

yea, i like this new plugin. good work!

you received something else, because i was just messing around and managed to get it right with jpg, so i edited the original message:]

i was using the beta version, but just uploading the latest one, so hopefully it'll be all good.

thanks!!
    Adam

• fogarty
    • New Recruit

Hey,
    Once updated to Ultimate branding the antisplog spammed blog page doesn't get anymore the login image while using the old trick in blog-suspended.php
    do_action( 'login_head' );

Is there a new trick now?

For the rest, just a huge thanks for making our life simpler with this great bundle!!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.