New Plugin Private Messaging not working in child theme

Hey guys,

I'm just testing your new plugin Private Messaging but it's not working properly on my WP 4.1 install.

In my wp dashboard > messaging > settings, I only see the settings page flashing up and then it's gone; leaving an almost blank settings page.

I've switched off all plugins, reverted back to default theme (child-theme was activated) and Private Messaging worked. It stopped working when I re-activated the child-theme.

Could you make this work for the child-theme?
I've granted you Support Access.

Thank You!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Kookidooki, hope you're well today!

Thank you for granting access, I've tried to access your site but it requires additional authentication so I couldn't see the issue you're dealing with.

Which theme are you using? Is this related to any child theme or child theme to this specific theme?

Please let me know so we can troubleshoot this further.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Kookidooki,

You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

You might want to check the following link, it's a standard troubleshooting flow so if you're uncomfortable with something from the flowchart please let me know.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Kookidooki,

I've checked your site and I can see the issue you're referring to. There are some errors int he console so there is definitely a conflict between the plugin and your child theme since this is not the case on other child themes I've tested with.

We'll need to have both your theme and child theme for testing purposes so we can try to fix this. If you can't provide FTP access as you mentioned in the mail could you please send us both parent and child theme so we can try to replicate the issue and possibly find a solution for this?

I've also seen that there is a z-index issue on the front which is preventing it from working properly on the front.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.