New plugins and plugin updates?

When I go and visit the plugins page here at wpmu, I find there is no way of really knowing if there are any new plugins, or updates to older plugins.

Short of my building a toy site with all the wpmu plugins loaded and the update plugin checker activated, I have no way of knowing if a plugin has been updated, if there are new cool features added to it, or even worse... if there are new plugins available that I might be interested in.

I would suggest coming up with some way of modifying your website so that we, as customers, can more easily find out what is new here at wpmu.

Just a simple page showing the updates and new plugins available would be nice.

Or even a way of sorting the wpmu plugins on the site here by the changelog.

You have had the same plugins on the top of the plugins page since I joined. It gives the impression that nothing is happening.

I haven't been here in months, and after 20 minutes or so, I couldn't tell anyone what is new/changed here. Zero excitement on my part to even come back and visit because short of reading the entire forums for the past few months, I see no other way of keeping informed.

Hope you guys come up with a better way of letting us know on a simple page what is happening. Life is to busy to have to go into a blog and read all the articles and comments. I know you guys build some cool stuff, but unless you make it easy to find, I'll never know it exists.

Hope the 'rant' helps spur on some ideas.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Plugin sorting: The plugins are sorted by popularity so that the ones used the most are always on the top of the list for users to easily find.
    New releases: A newsletter is sent when a new plugin is released.
    Updates: Other than using the Dashboard plugin there is no way of being informed of any updates. If you find the Dashboard plugin annoying, you can simply disable all notifications but the plugin updates! To do that all you have to do is go to WPMU DEV => Manage in your dashboard and specify what messages you wish to receive. You can even deactivate all notifications (even the ones about plugin updates) and use this URL to keep track of your sites and the updates available for each one: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun
    Kepp in mind though that the above link will only track sites with the Dashboard plugin installed and enabled.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.