I'm a pretty new registered member (yesterday!) and since then I've had the opportunity to:
- Download and start integrating/testing the Supporter plugin and its modules and satellite plugins like Supporter Advertising, Domain Mapping and Google Analytics;
- Read about the new Pro Blogs plugin;
- Start integrating/testing this new plugin in replacement of Supporter.
I haven't wasted my time! And I was very pleased to see that some major issues I found in relation to my needs in Supporter are just solved with Pro Blogs. So since I'm just starting with it, let's go with Pro Blogs! And since the previous topic has just been closed, let's start with this new one.
Here is a first batch of issues/defects I found during my first couple of hours on the beta 2. Some may have already been discussed in the previous topic and the most part is new.
New "themed" Pro Blogs upgrade page
- The upgrade form with PayPal checkout appears twice on the page. Is there a specific case it can happen?
- Comments and pingbacks are allowed by default on this page. Is it a bug in a specific case or has it just been forgotten for the moment?
- When I navigate to the dashboard of non-Pro Blogs blog, I'm always redirected to the upgrade page. I'm localhost with directory install, I don't know if it's related.
Limit BuddyPress features settings
- There's still only a checkbox instead of a dropdown of levels for the features to limit so it's not possible yet to select the right level for the limitation. In my case, it's the second level so it's important. By the way, the message section already talks about level.
New Pro Blogs menu group
- The new network admin menu group takes the place of the division between the Dashboard + BuddyPress section and the main section. It should be either in the first section just after BuddyPress or in the main section or even in a third section like WPML for example.
- Personally, I don't like it when inactive admin menu icons are not black and white like the rest of them. I preferred a lot more the former Supporter icon for this reason. It's far not the most important issue, but I don't want my menu bar to become a Christmas tree if every editor does the same.
- My site is multilingual (English + French + Spanish) and I use WPML for this purpose. It works pretty well and it also comes with a specific plugin for BuddyPress. How can we achieve the same goal with Supporter / Pro Blogs labels and messages since they're mostly site options? Did anybody already have to deal with this kind of need and if yes what was the path to fulfill it?
- Another consequence of multilingual pages along with the new "themed" Pro Blogs upgrade page is this page is not recognized as itself in other languages. Is there a best filter to use/extend to make the translations of this page act as themselves as well?
- As I said before, I'm going to use Advertising, Domain Mapping and Google Analytics plugins along with Pro Blogs. Will they be upgraded within the same timeframe as Pro Blogs itself?
Thanks for reading me. I can also start individual topics for every issue/defect if it's more relevant.