New Pro Sites user no longer getting added to Mailchimp

Hi,

For some reason new users are no longer getting added to Mailchimp.

The only thing I had changed was to turn the Auto Opt-in off and later back on.

Other than that the settings look okay.

Support access is on should it be needed.

Thanks!
Justin

p.s. the Auto Opt-in should be ON in this case

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Justin! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We don't have mailchimp integration with Pro Sites. I guess you are using other plugin to add in your mailing lists on singup automatically.

Is it working fine when you register users using wp-login.php?action=register instead of signup page?

Also the auto option is to subscribe in list without sending them confirmation email. I can see the note right with this option. Have you tried to disable auto optin ?

Automatically opt-in new users to the mailing list. Users will not receive an email confirmation. Use at your own risk.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @Sajid,

Well, this is a plugin from you guys and it has been working fine until now.

Yes I understand how the Auto-optin works.

Is it working fine when you register users using wp-login.php?action=register instead of signup page?

It has been working fine until recently.

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Update: I have removed the Mailchimp plugin and re-installed. Also reentered the API info.

Still new site registration users are not being added.

It was working fine - unclear what could be the problem.

Support access is granted.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Justin,

Once again, sorry for the delay here.

Please tell me if there were any significant changes on your site since this started to happen, any new plugins added, some specific updates that could be causing this, changed your host, etc.

It's strange that this started to happen all of a sudden so any info you could think of will help us pinpoint this one.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @Predrag,

I haven't made any significant changes.

Only updated existing plugins and themes.

Best,
    Justin

p.s. I have an exact (older) copy of exactly the same Pro sites install with MC where everything is working okay.

It is at http://myreikipractice.com/

There none of the plugins have been updated. Maybe that can give some useful information. I have given support acces there too.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Justin,

I hope you're well today!

Update: I have removed the Mailchimp plugin and re-installed. Also reentered the API info.

Just to make sure: would this be a reason for an "Invalid MailChimp API Key:..." error in MC logs? Please confirm.

I have also signed up (reservation only) for a website on your site and I've came across this error in MailChimp Sync logs:

"[211] This list does not have interest groups enabled".

Could you please login to your MailChimp account, open the "Lists" page, use "Create Groups" option and check for the issue again?

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Justin,

Thank you for this information!

I've checked your site again. After some further investigation on my side and more reading I feel I'd need a helping hand here so I'm calling our 2nd-level support team for assistance.

Hopefully they'll be able to help us here with a solution. Please note though that their response time might be slightly longer than our here on forum.

Keep an eye on this thread for further updates and information!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Justin

It seems Mailchimp release a new API versions, so maybe it's affected the plugin functionality to register the user automatically from Pro Sites. I will test it on my installation and will update you when I have the fix :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @Anang,

Thanks for the update!

So today I updated to the new version of Pro Sites - and suddenly the connection with Mailchimp was back!

. . . but . . .

This new version is not working so I'm going to have to revert back.

As soon as I have figured out how to do that I will test again and let you know how the Mailchimp connection is.

Either way it give us some extra data.

Kind regards,

Justin

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Justin,

Can you tell us what is the issue for you with new version of Pro Sites, do you have separate thread regarding that?

If you are having issues with pricing tables can you make sure that your theme, or any other installed plugins is not loading jquery.js file two times?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Justin

Is using new Pro Sites (that working with mailchimp) and then do patch that mentioned here acceptable ? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/after-the-latest-update-i-am-receiving-the-following-error?replies=2#post-908275
    Member on that thread said it fixed with only re-saving the settings.

So you can have Pro Sites and Mailchimp auto optin worked :slight_smile:

Let me know what do you think :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @Predrag,

Great thanks that fixed a lot of the issues - but also caused some new ones :wink:
    http://screencast.com/t/UES5pF9RugZ

Although it fixed the main uissue, it screwed up the pricing tables, but I found that if I turned on the feature tables it helped that a lot - although you still get a line break half way through - and the feature table is not displaying correctly.

I am using some customs CSS (which Michelle kindly created) to fix some other problems with the formatting which existed already. So it's probably good that you know about that:

.bSe ul li, .bSe ol li {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

#prosites-user-register #language-selection {
    display: none;
    }

#check-prosite-blog {
    height: 60px;
    background-color: orange;
    border-color: orange;
    margin-top: 10px;
    }
    #prosites-checkout-table .summary.no-periods {
    margin-bottom: 0!important;
    }

#prosites-user-register #privacy{
    padding-top: 5%;
    }

#prosites-user-register .blog_title {
    padding-bottom: 2%;
    }

#prosites-user-register .username {
    }

#prosites-user-register .email {
    }

input#blogname, input#blog_title {
    line-height: 2em;
    width: 40%;
    float: right;
    margin-right: 30%;
    }

#prosites-user-register .username input#user_name {
    }

#prosites-user-register .email input#user_email {
    }
    .free-plan-link-logged-in, .free-plan-link {font-size:2em;}

So currently the issues are as follows:

1. a line break half way through the pricing table.
    2. feature table contents that are somehow aligned to the right

- also is it right that the checkmark is on a separate line to the description?

Thanks for you help with this!

Justin

p.s. As a possible solution in a different direction - As these issues are a result of Pro Sites not working well with my theme, would it be possible to use a WPMU dev theme just for site registration and use my normal (Thrive Themes) theme for the rest of my site?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Justin,

I hope you're well today!

I've visited your site, signed up for a 30-days trial site, checked out upgrade options but I cannot see these broken pricing tables anywhere on your page.

Am I missing something here or did you manage to fix this by yourself already? Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @Adam,

It still broken:
    This is what I am seeing:
    http://screencast.com/t/2H5KpSbEpS

Also what is problem is that when you click on a choose plan button the setup info comes up but there is nothing to indicate which level has been chosen - how do we fix this?

Also there are 2 questions still open from earlier in the thread; about the checkmark and the ps.

Thanks and good luck!

Justin

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Justin,

Try using this CSS code, that should remove white space, center the content with checkmarks being next to the text:

.pricing-column .feature-section {
        margin-top: 0;
        padding-left: 0;
    }

.feature-content {
        text-align: center;
        display: inline-block;
    }

.feature-indicator {
        float: left;
    }

.pricing-column .feature-section .feature-text {
        padding: 0;
        float: left;
        margin-top: 10px;
    }

Does this remove the need of using different theme for registration form? :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Justin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @Predrag,

Excellent that gets everything straight - thanks!!! :grinning:slight_smile:
    Thanks so much.

The only issue left now is this one:

Also what is problem is that when you click on a choose plan button the setup info comes up but there is nothing to indicate which level has been chosen - how do we fix this?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.