New shops do not display, and themes/dashboard question

I have Multisite+Marketpress+BuddyPress set up and have been able to setup a main site with products and import items using the sample file.

Now I am trying to test as a new user with a sub-level shop and I have run into the following:

Shop displays a blank page after products are published. Heck, the shop displays a blank page for everything when I go to View Site as the New User.

New users get full access to dashboard/plugins and settings although I am using Branding and Multisite/BuddyPress to try and control access.

New users have access to a lot of theme/shop settings in their shop, including the full USPS settings, etc.
I can't find where to turn all this off for the non-admin users.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Kelly

I hope you are having a great day!

But it sounds like you're having a heck of a time getting MP Frontend to play nice on your install.

I see you have granted support access. If you like, I can pop in to your admin later today - after today's chat session where I'm sure we'll see each other again :slight_smile: - to try to help you figure out what's what.

• Kelly
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Oh yeah, I'll be in the chat session. Go ahead and see what you think - I really think I have the initial setup misconfigured for network/sub-sites.

Here is the tutorial I used:
    premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-build-your-own-etsy-like-site-using-marketpress

and I'm going to forward you the test shop credentials so you can be a new user.

~K~

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Kelly

After our marathon debugging session in live support, I wish you better luck with the new install.

To get things the way you want them, and reproduce a setup like the one I made during our chat, it should look like the screenshot below.

Create a new directory in the same directory as your existing site. Install WordPress in the new directory and enable multisite on it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.