New sign up with website on multisite not applied as the admin of the new site

Hi!

This is confusing me a little - when a new person signs up for a site on my wordpress multisite website - they get an account and they set up a website - but they aren't automatically set up as an administrator of that website. Shouldn't that be happening automatically? Is there a settign somewhere to fix this?

Thanks!

Michelle

• Mustafa
    • Syntax Hero

I tried,and get this message:

You attempted to access the "Test!" dashboard, but you do not currently have privileges on this site. If you believe you should be able to access the "Test!" dashboard, please contact your network administrator.

Are you using pro-sites with multi-db ?

• clothncraft
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry for the slow reply - this website is a hobby as i continue to operate the original...

pro-sites with multi-db - nope! Just a basic install - I do have a fair few plug ins - would it help if I listed them?

Yeah I've got it in a directory with the intention of moving it to the main domain once I get it fully set up. But I guess I may be hitting my head against a brickwall in doing that if simply having it where it is is causing issues. The funny thing is that I haven't had any issues up until now so i find it funny. I THOUGHT that I'd had this bit working and I took a break from it for a while and that it was now NOT working - but that may not be the case ... sorry to be so vague.

Would it work to move this website to a root domain? Or even trying to move it - will I run into problems? I've read up how to move a multisite wordpress install, and while it looks rather involved - I believe I'd be able to do it successfully ... Anyone have thoughts opposite to this?

I appreciate everyone's help! Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.