New Site Login

After setting up a new site and clicking on the verification link in the email, I'm sent to a page with this message...

You attempted to access the "Multisite Test" dashboard, but you do not currently have privileges on this site. If you believe you should be able to access the "Multisite Test" dashboard, please contact your network administrator.

If you reached this screen by accident and meant to visit one of your own sites, here are some shortcuts to help you find your way.

Your Sites

My New Site Visit Dashboard | View Site

Then when selecting, Visit Dashboard or View Site, I get this error message...

Oops! Google Chrome could not find mynewsite1.thafox.com

I have re-installed and followed the directions step by step so many times, I know it by heart. I have searched the forums but can't find a definitive answer.

I have not installed any plugins the last time and no additional themes other than TwentyTwelve in trying to rule out conflicts.

Note: I'm attempting to install on a shared VPS server at HostGator. They usually have great customer service but say they do not support multisite installs, to go to the wp forums. They won't even tell me if my server is configured correctly.

The only thing I have done in cPanel is create the wildcard sub-domain. I have not changed any other settings.

Please help or point me in the right direction. I have read so much now, my head is spinning!

Thank you.