New site on Multisite same as first build.

Hello MPMUDEV,

Thanks for all the help you have already provided us.

We have our first site built (the main template) and now we are ready to create the franchise sites by simply duplicating the first build.

Might be a dumb question, but how do you do that?

Thanks so much!!
-Luke

• Luke
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello again Kasia,

Appreciate you extending your valuable help.

Installed the Clone plugin and made a clone of our original site. During the cloning process there was a continual feed of images that didn't transfer over. And checking the site, a lot of the images didn't transfer.

I checked the media library on the cloned site & none of the images are there.

Our site has been built on a specific IP address that is hidden from the public until its release date. This might have something to do with the cloning process. I can provide you that information if you would like.

Thanks for your expertise!
    -Luke

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Luke,

Installed the Clone plugin and made a clone of our original site. During the cloning process there was a continual feed of images that didn't transfer over. And checking the site, a lot of the images didn't transfer.

I just tried to regenerate this on my test site but I could not. All images and everything including custom posts was transferred over without any issue. So I think this is your site specific problem.

Our site has been built on a specific IP address that is hidden from the public until its release date. This might have something to do with the cloning process. I can provide you that information if you would like.

Can you send me message with that information through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ? Please also include your WP login credentials so we can have a look at your current setup and try to understand what could be causing this.

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - Login URL
    - IP related information you wanted to share
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Luke,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and made a new subsite /testclone, and it seems like the issue is related to as you have mentioned above, the plugin doesn't seem to recognize the hidden IP, and hence it tries to grab the image from the public website URL, which hence results in a 404 error page:

I was also able to notice 504 gateway error, just to be sure, would recommend you to perform a test clone, with all the plugins disabled, and check whether it helps.

The only workraound what I could see is to, manually copy the media folder to your newly created subsite, and see whether that helps.

You can find all the subsite media files located in your /wp-content/uploads/sites. And all the media files for each subsite, is saved according to the subsite id, for eg testclone has a subsite id 4, so you'll have to copy the main site media folder located under /wp-content/uploads/2016/ to /wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/

I hope this helps. Please let us know how how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.