new site wont' let new user sign in and register

Starting over I have removed old folders, created new multisite, added wpmu dev dash board, then went to create new test site, activated 2012 temp. received email with username and password, clicked on login link, entered information and received Internal Server Error 500. I went to new site through admin panel and got image below. Went to error log and have this message: Cannot load Zend Extension Manager - it was built with configuration 1.2.0, whereas running engine is API220090626,NTS
Failed loading /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so: undefined symbol: empty_string
What am I doing wrong and what can I do to make it right?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Linda,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I tried signing up for your site; however, I still haven't received the activation email yet.

I'm not seeing any image attached, would you mind re-attaching it? :slight_smile:

Is this a subdomain or subdirectory install?

When you setup the multisite did you copy in the correct .htaccess code? You can view this code again via:

Network admin > Settings > Network setup.

Usually an internal 500 error will be caused by plugin/theme conflicts, faulty .htaccess, or server issue. So, let's check all those :slight_smile: if it isn't the first two then for the server issues, it is best to contact your web host as they will be the most familiar with your setup.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Linda
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler,
    Thank you for your quick response and support.
    I can't seem to attach the file.
    Anyway, I shouldn't have any issues with themes and plugins as I only have your theme showcase, and wpmu dev dashboard plugin installed.
    2nd. I have talked to my server and they don't see any errors.
    3rd. Here is my .htaccess info I updated. Do I have any faulty code?
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) shop/$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ shop/$2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# BEGIN wtwp_cache
    # END wtwp_cache

# BEGIN wtwp_security
    # END wtwp_security
    Thanks for your support!
    Linda

• Linda
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler, I'm wondering if I will hear back from you soon or do I open a new thread? Been working on this issue for over a week and took today off, to get it resolved. Would someone be able to help soon? Really appreciate the help,
    Thanks!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Linda!

Sorry for the delay here, we've been very busy this week, and our backfeeds are full. It's taking us a little longer to cycle through all the threads.

In your .htaccess file, I see two sets of comments for wtwp_, is there a chance you've removed a security/caching plugin combo recently? This is a bit of a long shot, but if you're no longer using those plugins, you can remove those four lines. Be sure to remove any extra blank lines.

Next, If you're using subdomains, as in subsite.primarysite.com, rather than subdirectories, as in primarysite.com/subsite, did you set up your wildcard DNS record? (The A record that points *.primarysite.com to your IP address.)

Zend Optimizer is not something we'd have anything to do with, it would be installed on your server by your host. I'm unsure if that error is related to the problem you're seeing with your subsites.

Thanks, Linda!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.