New subsite is not adding as primary site and not showing up in My Sites menu

When a new subsite is creating in multisite

1). The login is redirecting to mainsite dashboard.
2). It is not adding as primary site and not showing up in My Sites menu and getting an error message like "You must be a member of at least one site to use this page"

3). My Sites menu is not showing up in admin bar.

Kindly advice.
Many Thanks
DILEEP THOMAS

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @thinkcadd,

Hope you're well?

Are you creating the sites as a super-admin, or are you creating them as a new user? Are you adding yourself as the admin of the site? If not, then this will explain the site not being listed in my sites.

You should still be able to view the sites via the network sites page, then add yourself from there.

Network dashboard > sites > all sites

Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a closer look? See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Hope this helps

• thinkcadd
    • Flash Drive

Hi, I have granted support access for the staff. I am adding as a new user through the normal registration process, the subsite is not adding in My sites as a site, but when that subsite creates another site it is adding as the primary site. That time My Sites menu is adding in admin bar

Many thanks
    DILEEP

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @thinkcadd,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I've just taken a look and it seems to be working correctly, I registered for a site and then visited jackstest.domain.com/wp-admin and could successfully access my wp-admin.

The my sites menu is for if you have more than one site on the same network. :slight_smile:

Is it all working correctly for you now?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• thinkcadd
    • Flash Drive

Hi there @ Jack
    Hope you're well today and thanks for your reply. Now the issues are still not solved.
    1). The login is redirectng to main site dash board (Check the behaviour in your new site , jackstest.domain.com/wp-login.php , and yes we could access the dashboard if we enter direct admin url , jackstest.domain.com/wp-admin. But normally login is through wp-login.php page only right)

2). It is not adding as primary site and not showing up in My Sites menu and getting an error message like "You must be a member of at least one site to use this page" (However Even if we have only one site it should list as primary site as normal )

Many Thanks

• thinkcadd
    • Flash Drive

Hi there @ Jack
    Hope you're well today and thanks for your reply. Now the issues are still not solved.
    1). The login is redirectng to main site dash board (Check the behaviour in your new site , jackstest.domain.com/wp-login.php , and yes we could access the dashboard if we enter direct admin url , jackstest.domain.com/wp-admin. But normally login is through wp-login.php page only right)

2). It is not adding as primary site and not showing up in My Sites menu and getting an error message like "You must be a member of at least one site to use this page" (However Even if we have only one site it should list as primary site as normal )

Many Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.