New Support install, cannot create FAQ categories

Hello,
I've just installed Support for the first time on a localhost XAMPP install.

I can create a support ticket, but cannot create any FAQs. It requires a category and that is empty in the FAQ screen. When trying to create a category, it flashes up a message that it was created, but it doesn't appear in the list of FAQ categories. The list is empty. The support tickets show a default category, but nothing for FAQs.

I've tried to deactivate/activate the plugin, delete and reinstall it and have also tried removing the wp_support* tables before reinstalling. No difference.

Any suggestions?

• Jude

Hi there Morgan

Hope you're doing great !!

This seems to be an issue with one of the tables not creating. The easiest fix would be to take a backup and create the table yourself.

Here are the instructions

1) Take a backup !important
    2) Use a tool like phpMyAdmin and open the current WP database
    3) Compare existing tables with my screenshot
    4) Replace wpdb->prefix with YOUR DB prefix
    5) Add any missing tables in this case its likely support_faq and support_faq_cats

Have a great weekend ahead

Jude

• Morgan

Hello,
    Thanks for the very fast reply. There were indeed only five support tables. When I created the support_faq_cats table, phpMyAdmin asked for columns and I wasn't sure about table structure (never created a table before). Instead I copied support_tickets_cats and changed the name. It appears to be working.

I can create FAQs, categories and the FAQs appear on the correct page using the support system styles. Strangely, the green Yes button at the bottom of the answer looks OK but I've got a big red No button the width of the box containing the FAQ. I put the short code on the appropriate page. I've tried entering it in different variations in the default text editor and using Visual Composer (different enclosing elements), but no change.

• Michelle Shull

Heya, Morgan!

Let's try tweaking the CSS for the N0 button. Since you're on a local install, I can't check, so I'm going to walk you through how to find the element name for the button.

1. Right click both the green yes button and the red no button, choose "Inspect Element" in any modern browser, and compare the CSS which will appear in a developer's panel at the bottom or to the side of your window. You'll see CSS like this:

#support-system button.tiny, #support-system .button.tiny {
      padding-top: 0.53846rem;
      padding-right: 1.07692rem;
      padding-bottom: 0.61538rem;
      padding-left: 1.07692rem;
      font-size: 11px;
    }

2. We're going to add a few lines to your custom CSS tool to better define those buttons in your theme, like so:

#support-system button.tiny, #support-system .button.tiny {
    width: 10%;
    float: left;
    }

Adding this to a custom CSS tool will add it to the default CSS for your theme. We're not overwriting anything, just adding additional definitions. If there's some extra CSS dropped in by your theme here, we may need to overwrite it, but let's not cross that bridge unless we have to.

Do you have a custom CSS plugin? If you've got Jetpack, it comes with one; some themes include a CSS editor, or you can get a plugin, like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/. Or, if you're using a child theme, you can just add this to the CSS file for your child theme.

Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.