New Taxonomy Categories/Terms not showing

Hi,

I am running a multisite installation. On the main site I have a custom post type set up as: ‘ecp_products’, with a hierarchial taxonomy: ‘ecp_product_type’ which works fine.

However, I have exactly the same configuration for a sub-site on the network yet when I add a new category under ‘ecp_product_type’ it saves and then disappears! By this I mean that I create and save the new category, but when I go back to the page the list is empty.

Thanks

David

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi David

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team

I’m still a newbie at this, but would like to try and find a solution to your problem. While researching about WordPress Taxonomy I came across this interesting article:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8934979/wp-custom-taxonomy-tags-not-showing-on-new-edit-post-page

Could you try to add some products to the new product category and see if it will show up then? The category might not show, because there are no products actually linked to it.

Another interesting read about WordPress Taxonomy is:

http://sixrevisions.com/wordpress/taxonomy/

I hope some of this is useful to you. Let me know if any of this solves your issue. If not I will be in touch with the rest of the WPMU DEV Support Team for some more feedback and advice. Also, if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day and happy Custom Pressing :slight_smile:

Gina :: Multiplicity

Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff – Let me know how I go

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi fortyfivecreative

Not sure if my previous advice solved your problem, however, since I haven’t heard back from you I will resolve this thread, but please don’t hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity

Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff – Let me know how I go

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.