New Template inside Fixer Theme

I would like to to some integration for another plugin we use. This requires making a copy of the page template and replacing the WP loop with other code. I'm having trouble locating the php file with:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) :

Can you assist me with this?

EDIT: I just read can also use hooks....

By inserting a few lines in your theme’s functions.php file, First unhook the xplugin wrappers;

remove_action( 'xplugin_before_main_content', 'xplugin_output_content_wrapper', 10);
remove_action( 'xplugin_after_main_content', 'xplugin_output_content_wrapper_end', 10);

Then hook in your own functions to display the wrappers your theme requires;

add_action('xplugin_before_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_start', 10);
add_action('xplugin_after_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_end', 10);

function my_theme_wrapper_start() {
  echo '<section id="main">';
}

function my_theme_wrapper_end() {
  echo '</section>';
}
  • Black Fox

Michael,

Just so you know, we've had a plugin written that allows us to sell access to CoursePress Pro courses via Woocommerce. We've tested it with subscriptions, and bundled products and it works quite seamlessly. We just can't use MarketPress because of the severe limitations with the product. Woocommerce offers a lot more flexibility.

We just are trying to get a theme that can be made a little "prettier" than the default Coursepress Theme. We're trying to integrate the X Theme to work with both Coursepress and Woocommerce, but its a bit slow going.

Any help you could deliver on your end would be most useful. Possibly one of WPMUDEV's themes that would work with Coursepress. We were very disappointed that Upfront didn't include native support for Coursepress. I guess we just figured that any theme you created would work with all of your offerings.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ChooseGrowth, my apologies for the delay on this thread!

Upfront's still in it's early days here, but we're ever working on making it more awesome for our members. :slight_smile:

CoursePress should work with themes that follow WordPress's coding guidelines out of the box (though trying to make a theme look exactly/approximately like the default CoursePress theme can require customization of the theme).

The X theme definitely does some things differently, found as much when wrangling with that theme myself. Hope you've been able to make some progress with it in the meantime! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael