New to WPMU Dev > I need help with Multisite

Hey Guys,

I am only new to WPMU Dev and I wanted to figure things out with WP Multisite.

I know there are a few articles and help posts around the place but could someone please point me in the right direction?
I have heard good things of this community and I am happy to part of it now.

Thanks
Tim @ Vibrance

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Tim,

Happy to hear you joined our community!

I know there are a few articles and help posts around the place but could someone please point me in the right direction?

I can definitely point you to right direction, but there is no question here :slight_smile:. We have manuals for Multisite https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wordpress-multisite/ - but if you have more specific question or problem you would need to ask theme in thread.
    Right now I'm not sure where is problem so I cannot answer.

Please provide more details about your query and we'll answer it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi vibrancewebdesign,

I have actually run into a bit of a problem when it comes to sharing the same top-level menu throughout my multisite

Thanks for asking, but I'm afraid, you can't do this natively. I've searched for solutions but I could not find any plugin which will allow you to share a menu to all of your sites.

So you have to manually create the same top level menu in all of your subsites.

However, there is another approach you can follow. At first, prepare your main site with your desired top level menu and other content. Then you can install and activate our Cloner plugin. With this plugin, you can clone your main site to create new subsites. In this way, your subsite will be an exact clone of your main site. So your main site top level menu will be there in your subsite.

Please note, in this approach, if you make any change in your main site top level menu after cloning, this change will not be carried away to your subsites.

What you exactly want can be done but that will require a huge amount of advanced custom coding. If it could be done in 5-10 minutes, I'd do it for you but I'm afraid, it will require a lot more than that. So you might think of hiring a developer. You can hire a developer from our Jobs section. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs section are not associated with us. So please communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

I also want to implement a secondary menu just below my header, but I don't know if that is possible wit my theme

We have an awesome blog tutorial describing how you can add new navigation menu location in your theme: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/add-menus-to-wordpress/
    Can you please go through this article? I believe this will give you enough idea for implementing a secondary menu below your header.

After reading this article, if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point, please let us know. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.