New to WPMU - need help - Backups and security

Currently I'm using ManageWP to do all my backups and keep all themes and plugins up to date.

I'd like to do all this with WPMU.

About a month ago, my sites were severely hacked and compromised. I've recovered from that.

I'm looking for security - I've installed Defender - How does this compare to the paid version of Wordfence?

I'm looking or a backup service - I've installed Snapshot - How does this compare to ManageWP? My sites are updated weekly, what if I went a month before noticing a hack - how many backups do you keep?

Being Part of WPMU - would I be able to cancel my ManageWP account and Wordfence to do all of that here?

Thanks for your time.

• Alex Stine

Hello,
    I would not cancel that account yet. Wordfence to me is still a better security plugin, Defender has some catching up to do as far as protecting the login areas. WPMU DEV does not keep backups yet but will hopefully start soon. I heard from someone that it could be as much as 10GB, can't say who though. :slight_smile:
    Also, WPMU DEV will only let you know if there are updates for their services, nothing from wordpress.org yet. I have heard that this might be added in the future.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Alex :smiley:

• Luís

Hi @magicjustin1,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

Regarding to your questions:

1) WordFence and the Defender plugin are both security plugins, but they have different features. Defender plugin have some features, like:

- Analyze site security;
    - Hardening recommendations;
    - Resolve issues with a click;
    - Scan core files for changes;
    - Plugin and theme vulnerability scans;
    - Schedule regular scans;
    - Repair and restore changed files;
    - Choose file types to scan;
    - Receive email reports;
    - Choose report recipients;
    - Google blacklist monitoring;

2) Actually we don't have a cloud hosted service for the backups, it's on the road map and we hope to launch it asap.

Regarding to Snapshot, you will be able to backup and restore your entire site, create manual backups, as needed, or schedule automated backups and save them directly to cloud services including Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive or on your local server.

ManageWP have other features than only backups.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.