New topic button does not work in bbpress forums

I have put bbpress in the buddypress installation for http://www.c2coe.org/site/
However, when I am at the forum overview for a buddypress group, it shows a link to #new-topic but that automatically goes to ww.c2coe.org/site/#new-topic instead of going down the page where the input fields are.

I am going insane over this. Tried modifying /plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/bp-groups-templatetags.php where I have found a new-topic reference, but that didn't change anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

System:
WordPress 3.2.1
Buddypress version 1.2.9 (don't really want to upgrade this due to other custom modifications)

Theme:
Modified version of WPMUDEV's Magazine theme

• arnehulstein
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The form does show on the bottom of the page, but when I look into the code, I do not see the #new-topic anchor that the link refers to. We could change the way the link works, but we can't find in what file the link for the New Topic button is declared. Do you know?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

You should find that the default bbPress theme is actually just a child theme of Twenty Eleven.

So, take a look at the file in that theme and compare to the original Twenty Eleven theme. There will be some extra files in the bbPress theme.

It might be as simple as copying those files over to a new child of the Magazine theme. Feel free to try that and see if it works...

Thanks

• arnehulstein
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

In the meantime I have used the Buddypress Template pack that is available on Wordpress.org to get going on it. It has not been an easy ride, but the problem has now gone. Has it been solved? Well, not exactly. The trouble is that I cannot get the anchor to work in the new setup. But I have been able to locate the link and replace it for a reference to the bottom of the page where the new topic fields are shown.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.