Hi there everyone!
A much anticipated feature which has never been realized before is finally here!
I would like to announce a small plugin I made today which could be quite useful for many of you out there using cPanel and Domain Mapping!
Why do you need this?
1. You want to make life easier for your customers/clients
2. It's free!
3. You don't have to manually park every domain anymore
4. You want to take things into your own hands
5. You will only need to give the nameservers to your users
6. You don't have to give IP instructions anymore for your users
7. Your users can edit their mail-servers on your website (in a future plugin!)
8. Easily allows your users to use your mailserver (in a future plugin!)
What do I need?
1. Domain Mapping fully set up
2. WHM root access
3. Optional: Your own DNS server in WHM
What are the extra benefits?
1. Once a domain is parked, you can use another API + plugin to add e-mail accounts for your Pro users :wink:
2. The upcoming plugin will have a user interface
3. It's super easy, both for you and your customers!
1. Adding a domain in domain mapping isn't instant anymore, depending on your server speed this might add 4 to 7 seconds of "mapping" time. Luckily a wheel will be spinning so your user knows something is happening.
2. I haven't added an unparking feature. Do not intend to add it either. DNS servers are mostly able to take thousands, maybe even millions of domains without stressing your server. Unparking will lead to e-mail losses too. You will need a decent DNS server though (I recommend myDNS).
3. Security, be sure you do not make your .PHP files readable. Before, they could only access your database if they were able to hack you (and steal users passwords) through wp-config.php; with this plugin and the right hacker they might even break into your server. USE AT OWN RISK.
I do want to stress that you need to extract this plugin in your plugins directory and Network activate it. But before you do that:
You will need to manually update the 3 (or 4) variables.
1. Your hosting IP
2. (optional) root user login name
3. cPanel username
4. Access Hash from WHM -> Remote Access Key
What you need at hand:
1. Domain Mapping installed
2. Your cPanel username where you want to park accounts (most likely your mail server or main server)
3. Root account's login (most likely 'root')
4. Root account's Access hash.
5. Some basic knowledge of any codestyle (be it html, php, etc.)
6. Notepad++ or notepad.exe or texteditor, just something to edit code
YOU MUST EDIT autoparkdomain.php - all other files must be kept unchanged
READ ==USEAGE== IN THE FILE CAREFULLY
I highly suggest that WPMUdev makes this into an included feature in their highly sophisticated Domain Mapping Plugin.
Any questions? Ask them here!
EDIT -- It seems that I can not upload .zip
So here it is: