New user creation does not work

Hello,

We are no longer able to process new signups using the membership plugin. Can you please take a look? To simulate, click on the Sign up button on the website and then click on the Register an account button. It does not take the new user to the payment page for some reason.

If you need any other info , please let me know.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

I checked your site and I can see the issue there. It seems that after clicking "register my account" button the site gets stuck. I took a look at the back-end and the configuration looks fine except one thing:

while your PHP instance on the server allows up to 2GB of memory for PHP scripts, WordPress is still limiting it further to only 40M which might be way to low with over 30 plugins active (and some of them are pretty "heavy").

That said, I would start with increasing WordPress memory limit. To do this, please add following line to the "wp-config.php" file:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Make sure that this is added above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line, then clear on caches (on site and in browser) and check the site for the issue.

If it's still there, we'll need to investigate it further. In that case, please follow these steps:

1. Enable WordPress debugging:

- add these lines to the "wp-config.php" file right above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

- try to register again to replicate the issue
    - download the "debug.log" file from the /wp-content folder of yoru WordPress install
    - rename it to .txt and attach to your response here

2. Conduct a full theme/plugin conflict test as described on this flowchart https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif and let us know here about its results.

Hopefully, these two steps together should give us a bit better insight into what's going on there.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andy

Also,just saw some of these come in:

[28-Oct-2017 18:18:18 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rawstrength/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 3049
    [28-Oct-2017 18:18:18 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rawstrength/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 3053
    [28-Oct-2017 18:18:18 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rawstrength/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 3067
    [28-Oct-2017 18:18:18 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rawstrength/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 3071

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Andy,

Those are just notices and they shouldn't affect your site functionality in any way, however I did check the attached file as well and in there I see this error:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bcadd() in /home/rawstrength/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/lib/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib-core.php:187

That's a fatal error and is what should be looking into.
    That error is about bcadd() function and it's shown when you PHP BCmath module installed on your server.

Can you please get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to enable PHP BCmath module and that should do the trick here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andy,

I had a look at your new debug log and fatal error about bcadd() function is no longer there but there's Stripe webhook error:
    MS_Gateway_Stripeplan[478]: Stripe error webhook: Could not determine which URL to request: Stripe_Customer instance has invalid ID

It looks like your site is unable to communicate with stripe, most likely due to hosts file changes needed to access your site.
    Can you try disabling Stripe gateway and see if it still stalls after that?

Also, your debug.log file is over 400MB, so I would suggest removing it from your server in order to clean up some space as this file has some really old logs in there.
    When you remove it the new file will be created by default when some error happens on your site.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.