New User creation not working

Hi there!

I cannot manage to get a new user created whether i use the "login with facebook" button on the wp admin page or by using the "register with facebook" button on the buddypress register page. I always end up being logged in with the admin account i use for managing the site, and no new account is created. New account creation works fine when i use other plugins however, for example with WP-Facebook Autoconnect.

I also noticed that my BbPress forum becomes invisible whenever the Ultimate Facebook plugin is activated. The forum is here, the urls work but most of the content is simply not displayed on the page.

On a sidenote, is it necessary to use the facebook registration form on the register page? Why not simply let people log in using facebook and create a wordpress account using their facebook info?

Thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello tagada,

You probably have the same email with your WordPress and Facebook. Ultimate Facebook uses the email account to match account. If you try logging in or registering with a Facebook account that has a different email from your admin account, a new user will be created.

I also noticed that my BbPress forum becomes invisible whenever the Ultimate Facebook plugin is activated. The forum is here, the urls work but most of the content is simply not displayed on the page.

That is strange, and has never been reported before AFAIK. What do you mean most of the content? Is the page being loaded and connection times out or something?

On a sidenote, is it necessary to use the facebook registration form on the register page? Why not simply let people log in using facebook and create a wordpress account using their facebook info?

Isn't this what happens when you have "Allow users to register with Facebook " ticked and nothing else? The Facebook registration page comes up only when you tick "Force users to register with Facebook"

Let me know!

• tagada
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Arun,

Actually my wp account's email and the fb account's email are different, but i still end up being logged in with the same account no matter what. I even changed my wp account's email just to be sure, but no new user is created. I suspect there is now an association between these accounts that is stored in wordpress db, which could explain this behavior. Maybe i could manually remove that association?

Concerning BbPress, it's not really an unheard of issue as it has already been mentionned here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-facebook-bbpress-20-not-working-when-activated
    I encounter the same problem. The proposed solution is to re-do a template using shortcodes, which i guess i'll be forced to if i decide to use Ultimate Facebook.

When i click on the "register with facebook" button from the the buddypress registration page, I still get redirected to a "register with facebook" page with a facebook registration form in an iframe, even when only the "Allow users to register with Facebook" checkbox is ticked.

Thanks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

There are fields in your usermeta table that the plugin creates when an user is successfully recognized as a known Facebook user. To completely reset that, you may want to delete the rows with meta_key fields named "wdfb_fb_uid" and "wdfb_api_accounts" for your corresponding user ID.

• tagada
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ve,

I just did that and now clicking on the "connect with Facebook" button on the wp-login page redirects me to the "successful login" page i configured in the options, but i'm still not logged in. No joy :slight_frown:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tagada,

A new version of the Ultimate Facebook plugin was just released with several fixes included in it.

Please update to the new version and let us know if this has by any chance resolved your issue.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tagada,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.