New user - seeking clarification on per page access restriction

I hope someone will take pity on me - I have been though WishList and s2Member - now I have found the WPMU plugins which look amazing. I have installed Membership and am reading the documentation and this forum, but I am unclear if Membership will do what I need, and if so how. Having spent weeks going down rabbit holes I thought I'd see if the community could help...

I am setting up a website that will sell music lessons - an embedded video on a page for each lesson. So I want someone to be able to come to the site and register, set up a profile if they wish... and then purchase a lesson though Paypal. Upon purchasing the lesson (access to that page) they would receive access to the page. Then hopefully they will buy a second lesson/page... etc...

So how can I do this with levels? I can't have a level for each lesson, because people will buy more than one lesson... I can't have levels for the infinite number of possible lessons (e.g 1,2 & 6...)

WIth s2Member you can set up restrictions on a per-page basis - just what I need to do. But the access is granted to an IP address (i.e., don't try to open your lesson at Starbucks....)

Any pointers would be sooo appreciated.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Community!

First thing I'd like to say is don't hesitate to ask a question at any point on your WordPress journey. As a member of WPMU DEV we want you to have the best possible Wordpress experience by providing you with excellent themes, plugins and support. Really, we mean that.

On this one, I wonder if you really need Membership. While it's true that it will restrict access to certain areas of your site, it may be that you could accomplish what you want using MarketPress. That is, selling a service, but you won't know the URL to access that service until you pay for it. This may be simpler. For the details, I'd need to look closer, but I invite you to do the same. Let's connect again to share notes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Paul

• scarduner

I have to say I have never come across a company so committed to support. And the entire WMPU system is beautifully put together.

I am wondering why what I am doing is so confusing. Sell access to pages in WordPress. I will look at MarketPress for sure. But Kimberly responded to my support email by suggesting I should use Pay Per View. (Good thing I didn't buy only a singe plugin!)

Should I move this out of Membership into WPMU DEV community? I am sure people are doing this with WMPU plugins...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.